Stock shifter Mod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helldive

Reaction score
My Car
71Mach1
90LX
07Ram
Anyone ever mod the stock shifter? I redline around 7k and the c4 wont hold gears unless i shift it my self from first to second then drive. I found my self over pushing the shifter from drive to neutral by accident. SO about this mod..

I pulled my shifter out and cut a small slot where drive is... allowing it to lock in that position until I pushed the release button to more the shifter again..

So far so good! I like it ... but never hear anyone doing this? Has anyone here?

Any problems?

Thanks for the input !

Red-line @ 7000 RPM? Tell me about that engine...
351c stroked 393. all forged. Stock v4 heads machined. All roller. oil mod. Makes peak power at 5900 / 537 hp. I try to shift around 6400.

My builder used to race roundy round cars. He pushed his clevelands to 8k.

351c stroked 393. all forged. Stock v4 heads machined. All roller. oil mod. Makes peak power at 5900 / 537 hp. I try to shift around 6400.

thats a cool shifter trick.

just curious, what spec cam are you running?

do you run it on the street?

thats a cool shifter trick.

just curious, what spec cam are you running?

do you run it on the street?
35hlqwx.jpg

shes pretty streetable. take her out to car shows all the time.

Rev that Cleveland! been shifting my stock short block with Arp bolts for a decade up this high!

Car is street driven 11.81@116 on a drag radial

uploadfromtaptalk1426293452609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back