Suddenly We Own a 73 Mustang Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on a great find and welcome from Alabama. Be sure to add a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Unbelievable! Welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from Rhode Island.

and you got the best deal I have heard in years on that car!!! good luck with it, and if you have any questions just ask, there's a ton of knowledge on this site.

Hi there!

My name is Steve and I am suddenly a Ford owner. My wife found a 1973 Mustang Convertible at the auto repair place next to her dry cleaners and asked if it was for sale (didn't have a "For Sale" sign). It was, I stopped by and looked at it - been sitting for 2 years, started up on the first try after the battery was jumped, the title is clean, the top was new when it was left at the repair place and is still tight as well as raises/lowers easily. The transmission engages in all gears and drives, the brakes work (but they are a bit delicate).

the interior is very dirty but complete. the exterior has some crunched panels - really needs some body shop love (totally want to replace the hood with a NASA hood instead of fixing the original hood). It needs work, it's a project, we're ok with that.

oh, the price? $800 in cash.

73fordconvert01.jpg

73fordconvert02.jpg

73fordconvert03.jpg

73fordconvert04.jpg

73fordconvert05.jpg

Glad I found this list - I'm a former 2nd Gen firebird owner and happy to come back to the Vintage V8 family.

thanks!

steve

Welcome from North Carolina. Mustang Dynasty, you got one heck of a deal there. It reminds me when you could get a Shelby Mustang for a mere $1800 back in 1978.

mustang713

Welcome from North Carolina. Mustang Dynasty, you got one heck of a deal there. It reminds me when you could get a Shelby Mustang for a mere $1800 back in 1978.

mustang713
:huh:

Tmronin was the one who got the good deal! I bet Mustang Dynasty wishes he did too! :)

Welcome to tmronin from Oklahoma.

Ray

hi and thanks so much for the welcome. y'all remind me of my Pontiac friends. I'm from NC (raised in Greensboro and went to school in Raleigh) and live in Quincy, MA with my wife, Morgan (who found and bought the car). We also have an apartment in Brooklyn (i'm a photographer and most of my work is still in NYC).

We did all the money and paperwork today and will be plating it on weds so AAA can tow it to an area mustang mechanic (who restored a 71 mach 1 for a co-worker) who will go thru it and get it running safely. He agreed to do it on the side and cutting us a deal - we're in no rush. I hope we have time to go thru it and do a first pass cleaning before having it towed - it's filthy.

once again, thanks for the awesome reception and offers of advice! excited about this project and won't lie - excited to be a mustang owner.

cheers!

steve

hi and thanks so much for the welcome. y'all remind me of my Pontiac friends. I'm from NC (raised in Greensboro and went to school in Raleigh) and live in Quincy, MA with my wife, Morgan (who found and bought the car). We also have an apartment in Brooklyn (i'm a photographer and most of my work is still in NYC).

We did all the money and paperwork today and will be plating it on weds so AAA can tow it to an area mustang mechanic (who restored a 71 mach 1 for a co-worker) who will go thru it and get it running safely. He agreed to do it on the side and cutting us a deal - we're in no rush. I hope we have time to go thru it and do a first pass cleaning before having it towed - it's filthy.

once again, thanks for the awesome reception and offers of advice! excited about this project and won't lie - excited to be a mustang owner.

cheers!

steve
Keep us updated on the progress and we always like pictures.

Welcome from SE Michigan to another 73 vert owner ..

Great find great price!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed on a 68 Shelby vert in 1998 for $4500. Times have changed. Wish I could get that one back along with the $1500 dollar 65 2+2 I did not buy.

I passed on a 68 Shelby vert in 1998 for $4500. Times have changed. Wish I could get that one back along with the $1500 dollar 65 2+2 I did not buy.
Oh, how the times have changed. I've missed several through the years that just make me sick now. '69 429SCJ Torino $18-2000, a perfect 351C 70 FB $4000.00, and a 69 Shelby GT500 (worn, no rust) $3800.00. Passed them all by because back then never could have imagined what they'd be going for today. these are just the highlights, too, can't remember all the "normal" stuff. I do have something close that I passed on but might get a shot at one day. I went to by a 67 Firebird 400 (in awesome shape) for $2000.00 but my brother-in-law was so endeared I let him have it, and he still has it to this day. Someday perhaps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back