T5 mount

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fonzogt25

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 w/ 1971 351c
anyone know of an easy way to get a mount for a 1985 T5 on a 1973 mach 1? ive seen on modern driveline they have a mount, but its 150 bucks. anyone know if theres a mount from another car i can get cheaper that will fit?

I used the c-6 crossmember and original trans mount. I had to section the mounting plate on the crossmember 1/2" to lower the back of the trans for floor clearance. I'm using the 94-97 T-5 which is about 3/4" longer than the Fox body cars.

thanks for that reply Jeff!

I am looking at T5s and was staying away from the newer ones now there's a wider range to choose from?

Does the 94-97 trans have the same front shaft, bell housing (302?) dimensions etc as the earlier ones?

TIA!

Paul

ok, so it sounds like to me that it would be much much easier just to buy the modern driveline t5 mount. itll fit right from the get go and wont have any headaches. ill probably just do that. thanks for the info!

Rocket-

Agree on going with the known quantity! When we did our conversion, I was budget minded and found the parts on Craigslist, and boy what a time I had "learning" the right way to put it together. I ended up calling the guys at Modern and they were great about helping me understand what I had , what I needed and how to hook it up the right way. Had I only known about 7173 Forum back then!!

Back