Tackling the rescue of a butchered fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m  only an hour from the Canadian border so that’s not a problem. The problem is, importing a car from Canada. Way too much hassle.
 The front end is only parts, not a complete car. There should not be too much problem if any with that.

The complete car may be as there is no title (as you call it in the States). Even so, may be worth looking into. Buy it, strip what you want and scrap the rest before taking it over. More than one way to skin a cat!!

I can check with a friend who deals with exporting cars regularly, may be he can shed some light on the subject.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over here, you would just need the PO papers saying you have bought the car, in case police would think you stole the car. In practice its more for the PO to be able to cancel the car registration (annual check & road taxes)

But till you do not have the country's plates, for the law it's just a bunch of parts on wheels that doesn't need be imported.

Over here, you would just need the PO papers saying you have bought the car, in case police would think you stole the car. In practice its more for the PO to be able to cancel the car registration (annual check & road taxes)

But till you do not have the country's plates, for the law it's just a bunch of parts on wheels that doesn't need be imported.
 It's a whole different world over here my friend!

Thank you Ron but nothing to have a breakdown about. This is the kind of thing we do.  Even here in Central New York there is a never ending supply of aborted or problematic restorations, all brands, and all value levels. Of course, there is not a never ending supply of money to make them right. It’s hard for me to accept that I can’t save them all. But when I get the chance, I go all out to do so.

Note to David and others-  what I am looking for in a parts car, ideally, would be something fairly complete under the hood, with power steering and power disc brakes. The engine and transmission don’t have to be any good, but I am going to need to source brackets and bolts and harnesses and such.  Do not need seats for the like, and the body can be completely shot.  Would like to get a parts car lot and come to pick it up in the next couple weeks.  iMessage me here, or text or call 315-440-7351. My name is Bob.  Really appreciate the help!

I guess at this point in my life I have had too many projects from hell. They were always jobs for others and not my own at least and I may be a little burnt out at this point hence the nervous breakdown comment. Since you are in NY and I am in RI if come across a suitable parts car I let you know. 

Ron

Latest on this car – after much consideration, the customer has officially decided to go ahead and have me fix the car. First order of business is to find a parts car! I have talked to a few people but ideally I am looking for something that is a V-8 automatic car with power steering and brakes, mostly complete under the hood. Engine does not have to run. Body can be completely shot with parts missing, don’t need any of that. I talked to a couple people but have not yet made a deal. Would love to find a car that I could pick up this weekend. Cash in hand! Within a days drive of Central New York.

Excellent!  Thanks for the update and good luck with the Donor Car Hunt - I hear it's open season, and there is no bag limit. rofl

Try Chris's mustang in Ma. He had a 72 rust bucket vert complete

Update: donor car found and brought home. Has most everything we need. Long day and night but worth it! Tear down begins this week.

Great news. Also remember if you have time and there are parts on the car that you do not need you can always offset some of the cost by posting them on this site.

Jason- will do. Doors look nice and the LF fender. Once the job is done I will be trying to sell parts or maybe the whole carcass. Probably next summer.

Back