THANK YOU VETERANS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great video, Thank you for posting it. It is a shame that major TV and cable channels do not air such videos. I suppose they are fearful of seeming to respect the service of military personnel and there by alienate their viewers (I think they misread the rank and file American). Although the civilian population seems to have a short memory when it comes to acknowledging those who have served to protect and defend them. However, during the recent conflicts at least people are shaking the hands of military personnel and saying thank you for serving. A great improvement from what I witnessed in the 1960's and what I experienced in the 1970's. I need to shut up now. To all who served, or are serving, you have my gratitude and respect.

Chuck

It seems that a large portion of the members on this site were/are military. I am very proud to be part of such an elite group of individuals.

Thank you to all of you veterans. I will do my best to follow in your footsteps.

l_d4b707a4aac445d5b34edd17d92eb6db.jpg

Barry, thank you for posting the clip. It is a great tribute.

Roy, someday I hope we get to meet in person, and either share a beer or a glass of Geritol (I'm thinking there are 7 members in this forum that might know what that is. Not sure if you're old enough, though. :p).

Thanks to everyone for remembering veterans today. More talk about cars tomorrow.

Doc
I guess I'm not old enough to remember a Geritol drink mix... I do remember it being in capsule or tonic form though (like cough syrup).

Maybe you were thinking of Metamucil in a glass (gotta cut it with some Sunny Delight or Tang though... otherwise, it doesn't mix right with the Vodka). :D :D :D

Actually, I was stationed at Holloman from '87-89, then Izmir, Turkey until Dec 1990. After Christmas leave, it was on to Goodfellow AFB, where I've been ever since. She was stationed here when I arived, and never left (although had a 1-year remote to Osan in 95-96).

Oddly enough, her oldest brother (Tom Tallent) was an AGR guy at Shaw AFB for one of the fighter squadrons, and deployed a few times to the sandbox. He retired as a TSgt in Shaw, and still lives in Sumter.

Actually, I was stationed at Holloman from '87-89, then Izmir, Turkey until Dec 1990. After Christmas leave, it was on to Goodfellow AFB, where I've been ever since. She was stationed here when I arived, and never left (although had a 1-year remote to Osan in 95-96).

Oddly enough, her oldest brother (Tom Tallent) was an AGR guy at Shaw AFB for one of the fighter squadrons, and deployed a few times to the sandbox. He retired as a TSgt in Shaw, and still lives in Sumter.
I liked it there but not enough to stay. I worked the ov 10's then then A 10's so we were the black sheep of shaw. I dont recognize his name but you know how that goes. I have several buddies still there and retired there. I actually stop in atleast once a year to see some of them.

Back