The Abandoned 71-73 Mustang thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my old parts cars. Wife was happy to see me bring this home LOL!!!
You ought to be knighted by this forum for that photo - it is the one undeniable piece of proof that convertible frame rail rust is a serious problem.

Perfect to show every gold-digging rustbucket convertible owner out there...

-Kurt
we had to use the trailer winch and a skid loader to get it up on the trailer. If I would of kept dragging it with the winch I think it would have broke all the way in half. Got a lot of good parts out of this car though. Put the disc brakes on my 71. The 351c 2v Motor and fmx trans went into a 68 mustang. 9 inch rear went into a 32 ford coupe. Someone on here got the shock tower braces, and a lot of misc. parts. So this old convertible lived on in many other cars!!! The spark plug wires fell apart in my hands, but I replaced a few of them with some old ones laying around, put some fuel down the carb, ran a line to a gallon jug of gas and it fired right up and sounded great!

Abandoned

1308593353_218228121_2-70-71-72-73-MUSTANG-MACH-1-OEM-PARTING-OUT-CAR-PARTS-Saint-Peters[1].jpg

1308593353_218228121_1-Pictures-of--70-71-72-73-MUSTANG-MACH-1-OEM-PARTING-OUT-CAR-PARTS[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say. Both look good.

I'd probably go torq thrust anyway. :)
Mike, Who knows his Boss 302 should be on the road this spring and he wants a 2015 GT. So the Ranchero may go up for sale this summer.

Very nice Ranchero!

I owned 2 factory 429 Torino Cobras, one SCJ and one CJ and then one N-code Ranchero. They were all fun cars.

Many years ago, I changed job locations and could not afford to store them, so I had to sell them all.

That was a sad day in paradise - no doubt. To add insult to injury- now I cannot locate my old pics!

Ray
Thanks. My brother picked it up at a estate sale for 1.500. He calls me one day and had me meet him at the house were it was at. The second owner had owned it since 73 passed and the family was selling off his estate. I pulled up to see this faded green Ranchero 500 with a 1.800 on the windshield.The son in law threw us the keys and said it runs! So my brother and I looked the car/truck over a rust free. Then we pop the hood to find a bone stock 351c 2v that was dusty but dry as a bone. It took a bit for the carb to prime but fired up and sat on high idle. No smoke no ticks it sounded great. Smack the throttle and she idled right down. Then I notice the belt was on the a/c compressor. I'm dude try the a/c! Sure enough the it blows ice cold! So down goes the hood and off we go on a test drive. I'm like ok this will tell the truth about this truck/car. To our amazement the trans went right into gear and took off. I looked at my brother and said "bye this thing" So he offered the family 1.500 for it and they bit.:cool: So my brother did what he calls a quick y GT clone to it. We have driven it all over SoCal to shows and that 351c runs perfect in every way.
it's great to read a Christmas story this time of year.... WOW!

Left in the hills of WV, broken in three places and rusted so much I could not even winch it onto a flat bed. Took what I wanted and left to rest where she sits.

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

Very nice Ranchero!

I owned 2 factory 429 Torino Cobras, one SCJ and one CJ and then one N-code Ranchero. They were all fun cars.

Many years ago, I changed job locations and could not afford to store them, so I had to sell them all.

That was a sad day in paradise - no doubt. To add insult to injury- now I cannot locate my old pics!

Ray
Hey Ray!!

It just happens that yesterday on my latest wasted attempt to find "original parts" to have an ORIGINAL interior in my Mach I...... I stumbled upon a 71 Torino GT CJ car. The guy says its not for sale..... BUT IT NEEDS TO BE...lol. But it was cool just to FIND IT!!! It was stuck in an old shop with 19 other cool cars. Just sitting. Unfortunately that close to the bay...it wont last long.

Very nice Ranchero!

Ray
Hey Ray!!

It just happens that yesterday on my latest wasted attempt to find "original parts" to have an ORIGINAL interior in my Mach I...... I stumbled upon a 71 Torino GT CJ car. The guy says its not for sale..... BUT IT NEEDS TO BE...lol. But it was cool just to FIND IT!!! It was stuck in an old shop with 19 other cool cars. Just sitting. Unfortunately that close to the bay...it wont last long.
:worthlesswithoutpics:

emaru9uv.jpg

That might be worth the drive. I'm just a bit south of Fredericksburg va

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally worth the drive. I go there from Arlington. Plenty if parts left on them.
Yeah! I'm looking for a straight rear bumper. Mine must have been in a slight bender at one time. I'm going to paint match it anyway so the chrome i'm not worried about as long as its straight. Is the guy pretty decent to work with?

Back