The Abandoned 71-73 Mustang thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found these two about 10 years ago forgotten on a farm. Both 72's the red on red mach was a Q code auto and the vert was a 302 auto. I bought them both and made sure they went to good homes.

they belonged to brothers that parked them and left them to rot. WHY? ?:shrug2::shrug2:

20160622_085817.jpg

20160622_085752.jpg

I saw 3 or 4 71-73s in a yard east of Keysville, VA. Is that anyone here??

I wasn't about to walk up into a stranger's yard to find out!!
I wonder if it's the same place we drove by when I was visiting her sister last month. Saw a bunch of Mustangs, but didn't notice any Clydesdales. I want to say it was along 360 between Keysville and Meherrin. Maybe it was the same 'yard? Oh wait - you were talking about someone's actual private yard - Dang, I wish I would've seen this before we went back there.

Define "cheap," and then define "in need of full restoration." :whistling:

I only paid $1600 for mine... and it was definitely in need of full restoration. :cool: rofl

Define "cheap," and then define "in need of full restoration." :whistling:

I only paid $1600 for mine... and it was definitely in need of full restoration. :cool: rofl
For me as long as the body is solid and the motor is serviceable i am happy to take a project on. What price would a fastback come in at average

Hmmm - solid body and serviceable engine. I'd have to say to expect somewhere around $5,000 and up (depending on the model, options, condition, and even location, etc.).

A running car without crinkled and/or rusty metal is getting harder and harder to find.

A Coupe in Europe:

39F1D77F00000578-0-image-a-39_1478017303091.jpg

Something smells fishy in Denmark!

Sorry, Lars...a bad joke.

Couldn't find the old salvage yard thread so here are some abandoned pics but at a salvage yard!

Mustangjunkyard.jpg

Mustangjunkyard2.jpg

I think this yard is in Georgia.

Ray

Couldn't find the old salvage yard thread so here are some abandoned pics but at a salvage yard!

I think this yard is in Georgia.

Ray
you just made my heart stop looking at all those 71-73s :(

C code. Been in the desert for 20+ years

Last edited by a moderator:
Back