The Abandoned 71-73 Mustang thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is. You pull your own parts. He has two straight bumpers. One has bumper guards.
just looked at his website. Say no access to yard after 10am? i grabbed his number and did a mapquest. If i take RT3 its 1hr 15mins from my house so thats definitley doable. now i just need a day off!

Thanks for posting!

Goodness, I checked on Google and that appears to be one big yard! Cars galore. I take it he never crushes anything?

Too bad it is a little over 3.5 hours to drive there.

There's a yard near me that has cars back to model a's. Problem is the old lady lives in the yard with a double barrel shotgun and is mean as heck. There's a 69 charger r/t with a tree growing through the roof and the old hemi is rusting away from heads down. She's got stuff I never knew existed but I'll never go back. She hates being bothered, yet runs a salvage yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its in a junkyard just south of Culpepper VA on rt 29. Leon's Auto Salvage. He must have a dozen of them.....coupes, verts, and fastbacks. Even has 5 or 6 71-73 cougars.
I've been there! An incredible salvage yard...simply incredible. Cars from the 10's and 20's are in there. I wish it was closer to me, but alas, I have moved from the DC area.

Awesome junk yard. I bought a 65 K code GT Mustang convertible from Leon Jr back in 1984. It had been since it was totaled by a VMI cadet in 67. After many years of restoration the 65 shares duties with my 71. If you go there. Plan on a whole day. It's 75 acres of classics. I think they're open 1/2 day on Saturdays. Do a Google search and check it out.

I have an affinity for rancheros as well. I have 2 special value package 71 M code shaker hood cars one white one gold. Both loaded with options. One is base ranchero the other is a 500 both autos.

I found 2 71's in a hidden yard in Jerome Id. One grabber green M code fastback the other a grabber lime coupe brought them both home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw 3 or 4 71-73s in a yard east of Keysville, VA. Is that anyone here??

I wasn't about to walk up into a stranger's yard to find out!!
I was born and raised in Victoria Virginia just a few miles and one county over from Keysville. I now live in Washington State. Small world.

Its in a junkyard just south of Culpepper VA on rt 29. Leon's Auto Salvage. He must have a dozen of them.....coupes, verts, and fastbacks. Even has 5 or 6 71-73 cougars.
How did I miss this post? Dad's 73 Q Code was from Culpepper.

I was born and raised in Victoria Virginia just a few miles and one county over from Keysville. I now live in Washington State. Small world.
That's pretty cool, I was just passing through on my way to Greensboro, NC for work. If I have time I like to get off the beaten path and see the country.

That's pretty cool, I was just passing through on my way to Greensboro, NC for work. If I have time I like to get off the beaten path and see the country.

I now know what I am doing the next time I go back to visit my Mother. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
jimmy_stewart_in_its_a_wonderful_life.jpg

the cars...just sitting and rotting I just wish I wasnt born

d531bb23fe7c143971d3e28cc566ddee.jpg

Everytime a 71-3 gets saved ...an angel gets their wings.....

Back