The Abandoned 71-73 Mustang thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q-code 351CJ
1968 289 Coupe
2005 Mustang V6 Legend Lime
1968 Chevrolet Nova
1964 Corvette Stingray
1986 Corvette "Official Pace Car"
1986 Mercedes 190D
I sometimes see pictures on the web of lost or abandoned mustangs. This thread is a place to post those pics so those cars will live on ...

JB

Such as this one?

attachment.php

Thats exactly what i say , Luxstang posted the first abandoned 71-73 Mustang.

Make it a sticky would be great.

JB

Mustang-800[1].jpg

371[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JB, I edited your first post and changed it from a question into an introduction for this thread. It is now also a sticky. Great idea!

Very nice Ranchero!

I owned 2 factory 429 Torino Cobras, one SCJ and one CJ and then one N-code Ranchero. They were all fun cars.

Many years ago, I changed job locations and could not afford to store them, so I had to sell them all.

That was a sad day in paradise - no doubt. To add insult to injury- now I cannot locate my old pics!

Ray

Hard to say. Both look good.

I'd probably go torq thrust anyway. :)
Mike, Who knows his Boss 302 should be on the road this spring and he wants a 2015 GT. So the Ranchero may go up for sale this summer.

Very nice Ranchero!

I owned 2 factory 429 Torino Cobras, one SCJ and one CJ and then one N-code Ranchero. They were all fun cars.

Many years ago, I changed job locations and could not afford to store them, so I had to sell them all.

That was a sad day in paradise - no doubt. To add insult to injury- now I cannot locate my old pics!

Ray
Thanks. My brother picked it up at a estate sale for 1.500. He calls me one day and had me meet him at the house were it was at. The second owner had owned it since 73 passed and the family was selling off his estate. I pulled up to see this faded green Ranchero 500 with a 1.800 on the windshield.The son in law threw us the keys and said it runs! So my brother and I looked the car/truck over a rust free. Then we pop the hood to find a bone stock 351c 2v that was dusty but dry as a bone. It took a bit for the carb to prime but fired up and sat on high idle. No smoke no ticks it sounded great. Smack the throttle and she idled right down. Then I notice the belt was on the a/c compressor. I'm dude try the a/c! Sure enough the it blows ice cold! So down goes the hood and off we go on a test drive. I'm like ok this will tell the truth about this truck/car. To our amazement the trans went right into gear and took off. I looked at my brother and said "bye this thing" So he offered the family 1.500 for it and they bit.:cool: So my brother did what he calls a quick y GT clone to it. We have driven it all over SoCal to shows and that 351c runs perfect in every way.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my old parts cars. Wife was happy to see me bring this home LOL!!!
You ought to be knighted by this forum for that photo - it is the one undeniable piece of proof that convertible frame rail rust is a serious problem.

Perfect to show every gold-digging rustbucket convertible owner out there...

-Kurt

Latest posts

Back