The Forces/Military- Army - Air and Navy - shout out if you've been in there.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
I have a saying -- "Putting on the uniform is above and beyond -- what they do after that, is astonishing ." 

If you are from a forces family or been in service directly -- shout out  :beer:

forces.JPG

My dad Below - pilot flying Vulcan's out of Waddington, Lincoln, UK. 

Flt LT Clarke

dad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post....and love the picture of your father with the Vulcan. That plane was such a stunner for its time. 

Great picture of your Dad with the Vulcan!! I remember the first time as a kid seeing that aircraft in the James Bond movie "Thunderball"

USAF, 1973-1977, avionics tech. Sorry, no pictures, I was too busy fixing broke d--k F-4s and B-52s. Chuck

I worked for the Navy as an uncivil civil servant for 33 years, does that count?

I worked for the Navy as an uncivil civil servant for 33 years, does that count?
Works for me - that's what I'm doing right now.  :whistling:  

I joined the USAF in Oct 1986, stayed until Oct 1996, wandered the world aimlessly as a Defense Contractor for 11 years (only things I have to show for that time are 7 different company polos hanging in the closet and a couple of orphaned 401Ks), then hired on to Civil Service in Sep 2007.  A little over 6 years to go, and I'm done!

Being presented with a squadron mentorship award that I actually designed in Oct 1996 just before I got out.

Eric-GAFB.jpg

Back