Thirsty engine Lousy carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is in Iran, you won't be sending him anything from the US without violating the embargo.

I agree that it sounds like the fuel pump "repair" is the source of your problem and that the 2 barrel carb you have looks suspicious. Correcting PCV hose routing might help some, but I think you are going to be really limited with parts availability.

Hello all!! I got the carb number. I searched the internet and not much is there about this type of Holley carb but here it is:

2690-H2-1

LIST-2134-1

I "think" we can send him stuff from Australia except for weapons:):), unless he is on a restricted entity list:

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4381.asp

Iran (IR)

Description:

Restricted - permission to export required

Sanctioned goods include:

arms and related matériel;

battle tanks, armoured combat vehicles, large calibre artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, missiles or missile systems, or related matériel, including spare parts;

items covered on the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) or the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) lists; and

items listed in the Charter of the United Nations (Sanctions - Iran) (Export Sanctioned Goods) List Determination 2008.

Further, the export of any goods to certain entities specified by the Minister for Foreign Affairs is prohibited. The Charter of the United Nations (Sanctions – Iran) (Specified Entities) List 2010 lists entities with which business cannot be conducted unless the Minister for Foreign Affairs has given permission to do so.

Specified entities information is available on the DFAT website at: http://www.dfat.gov.au/un/unsc_sanctions/iran.html

or by contacting the Sanctions and Transnational Crime section of DFAT.

Lebanon (LB)

Yep, we can send him Carburetors, they are not on "the list";):

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2011C00901

Last edited by a moderator:
From your numbers this came up,

R-2134-1A

2300-G

Reo, OH-186/200 Eng.

2690-H2-1

And this from a Reo bus and Truck Carby repair list,

1960 OH-186 Holley 2300-G 2134 1 2690-H2-1

It would appear to be a carb of a 1960 and up Reo truck or bus...

Hi there gpierce, off the topic and regarding where I live, I do originally live and work in northern California. However in the last year I have had to stay in Shiraz to take care of some of my parents' affairs. The plan was to stay for a month but now it's more than a year that i have been here.

Shiraz is an awesome wine. But in case you were wondering search "shirazi wine" in Wikipedia. You might find it interesting..

Regarding shipping items to Iran from Australia or from anywhere else for that matter, Honestly I do not trust Iran's postal services and if for any reason it does not make it here they can't be held responsible!!

Thanx pegasus. Based on the info you found about the carb I tried searching more to get some detailed specs but couldn't find any so far. So I still can't figure out based upon the info, the carb is fit for the engine or not. With my limited knowledge I am assuming that the carb belongs to a Reo with a 186 or 200 cubic inch engine size???? OH=over head?!?!

Back