Carb Recommendations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdunlap

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 2 Door Sports Roof
White 351C CID 2V FMX Transmission Power Front Disc Brakes Ram Air AM Radio Console
Hi All:

I currently have an Edelbrock 1406 on my '71 351C 2V. I changed over to a 4-barrel RPM intake, but have ran into problems with the carb bowl drying out after sitting a few days and think I am going to change out the carb for something else... Any recommendations?

Last edited:
You'd need the 2 barrel version if there is such a thing, OR change the intake to a 4 barrel.
Carb bowels are vented, therefore gas vapor can escape, or at least it does on my Holley 670 4V.

You'd need the 2 barrel version if there is such a thing, OR change the intake to a 4 barrel.
Carb bowels are vented, therefore gas vapor can escape, or at least it does on my Holley 670 4V.
Thanks! I should have mentioned I have changed over to a 4-barrel intake.

Thanks! I should have mentioned I have changed over to a 4-barrel intake.
I have a Holley 670 on my M code, but it needed some "surgery" to get it to run at the best AFR at idle. I had thought about swapping to a Quick Fuel 735cfm, but when Holley took over QF, they dropped the 735. I feel a 750 is a bit too much for a 351, but others like them.
From all accounts, the Summit line are very good at a reasonable price.

I like the the Summit version of the Holley 4010/4011 series. Holley discontinued the 4010/4011 model carbs in 1998. Summit was smart to bring them back. In essence the 4010 and 4011 were loosely based on the Autolite 4100. Furthermore, Annual boosters do a better job with fuel distribution than the more common down leg boosters. All the the Ford 2100 series carburetors had annular boosters. It would be my next carb if my current Holley had issues.

Ron

Back