THIS WEEKS PROGRESS--PICS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Made some nice progress in the fitting & gapping arena this week...I decided that the 3/16" gap I was going to use originally was a tad too big so I brought it down to 1/8"..Got the right side pretty much set & the final gapping will be a touch here & there with the grinder & mig to get it 110%..I'm going to be making a custom hood for the stang with some oem 68 shelby vents I got years ago from a Shelby, I did for a customer where I replaced the hood..I already did this on the prior hood that was on the car..They will be inset from the bottom ..There's no way I'm gonna chop into a brand new oem hood (whats on the car now) So I'm at a bit of stand still till I pick up the aftermarket hood (gonna have 2 hoods for the car) I can't finish the fitting on the drivers side till i have the hood..I've gotten pretty busy at my regular work so no time for a "Fridays with Q" vid this week..Stay tuned !100_2180.JPG100_2182.JPG100_2183.JPG100_2184.JPG100_2185.JPG100_2186.JPG100_2187.JPG100_2188.JPG

Man, that spacing looks amazing! I don't think it was that good new from the factory!

Yes, nice work. I see dad was not the only one to load up on stirring sticks at every paint store trip to use as alignment spacers!

Factory spacing was 1/8"...+or- 1/8" :D

Great attention to detail. Did you mic the stirring sticks to make sure they were all uniform size! :D
How the heck did you know that ? ;) I actually did !

Scott

Did you ever think about the look of the 69/70 Shelby hood....always figured that style of scoop would look great on our cars.

She's looking great....

Ken
Ken I sure have & it would be no problem for me to execute it ! The main issue is the height of the bulge on our cars vs the 70..Ours is a bit lower which would mean cutting the bulge & splicing in some sheet metal to raise it..It's just more work than I'm willing to do right now..Maybe one day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Great attention to detail. Did you mic the stirring sticks to make sure they were all uniform size! :D

Scott

Did you ever think about the look of the 69/70 Shelby hood....always figured that style of scoop would look great on our cars.

She's looking great....

Ken
Ken I sure have & it would be no problem for me to execute it ! The main issue is the height of the bulge on our cars vs the 70..Ours is a bit lower which would mean cutting the bulge & splicing in some sheet metal to raise it..It's just more work than I'm willing to do right now..Maybe one day !

I never even thought of the bulge:s...but I figure it would be such a cool look! Hmmm maybe we should work on a hood project down the road.

Ken

Scott

She's looking great....

Ken
HI Scott here some pic of the front valance on my 72 mach parts car. It's been a wile since I took a good look at them both. The valance off the 72 grande is to ruff. The valance on the mach can be saved with a little work. Issue #1 dent R/F corner by signal light #2 scuff/dent L/S below fender #3 two holes drilled in upper lip inboard of turn signals for driving lights #4 small holes from front spoiler. Fender to valance fit look good and over all the valance is strait. Look at the pic if I need to take more I will. Mike

valence 005.jpg

valence 006.jpg

valence 007.jpg

valence 008.jpg

valence 009.jpg

valence 001.jpg

Latest posts

Back