• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Throttle cable holder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrousVa

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has a throttle cable holder, that the mounting holes are 180 degrees (or inline) to the throttle cable? The one on the car is 90 degrees.

Thanks

Robert

Just curious, is that a stock or aftermarket manifold? A few more engine shots would be nice...unless you posted previously and I missed it.

I have inquired of Don of OMS for such an item within the past couple of weeks and he came up empty...but that doesn't mean he hasn't found something in the meantime.

For an aftermarket/Edelbrock Performer manifold and carb in a 351W, I had to make my own. I had to use thick aluminum, sheared at a friends sheet metal shop, and then bend it with my vice and drill my own holes. But it has held up pretty well and doesn't look too funky.

If you don't find one, give me an address and I will hunt done the spare flat pieces I have made and mail one to you.

If you do find one, see if your source has 2 as I need one for my 351C stock OTC manifold application.

james

Just curious, is that a stock or aftermarket manifold? A few more engine shots would be nice...unless you posted previously and I missed it.

I have inquired of Don of OMS for such an item within the past couple of weeks and he came up empty...but that doesn't mean he hasn't found something in the meantime.

For an aftermarket/Edelbrock Performer manifold and carb in a 351W, I had to make my own. I had to use thick aluminum, sheared at a friends sheet metal shop, and then bend it with my vice and drill my own holes. But it has held up pretty well and doesn't look too funky.

If you don't find one, give me an address and I will hunt done the spare flat pieces I have made and mail one to you.

If you do find one, see if your source has 2 as I need one for my 351C stock OTC manifold application.

james
Thanks James, it's an Edelbrock intake, I'm pretty sure I could fab someting up, but I'd like to keep it as stock as possible. I post up, should I find something, we have a Mustang junk yard here in Richmond VA, might find something there.

Robert

Back