Tilt wheel, one more time: 71-72 into a 73?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351 4v CJ, C6, Mach 1 Decor options, power: steering, brakes and windows, a/c, Rally Pac gauges, Deluxe interior.
[url=https://ibb.co/ZVjjKXW][img]https://i.ibb.co/zrMMbxG/s-l1600-2.jpg[/img][/url]
Good price on this tilt wheel. Seller hasn't said what year but from other parts in the post, looks to me to be 71-72 sportsroof based on the grill and the rear interior side panels ($200 for the pair) have no cutout for the window crank but do have an ashtray.

Given the whole switch to tilt from non is already hard, are there important differences in the year? I do not see a rag joint seems to be the biggest issue.

IMG_2269.JPG

Nice find! The console with clock too! You scored!
You also could look for the pancakes motors and have power rear windows vs cut for your crank. I love to drive the 4 windows down, while with non electric, it's impossible to open/close the other 3 windows from the driver seat!

Good price on this tilt wheel. Seller hasn't said what year but from other parts in the post, looks to me to be 71-72 sportsroof based on the grill and the rear interior side panels ($200 for the pair) have no cutout for the window crank but do have an ashtray.

Given the whole switch to tilt from non is already hard, are there important differences in the year? I do not see a rag joint seems to be the biggest issue.

View attachment 92624
I have a ‘73 convertible so not interested in the rear panels. I’m looking at the tilt wheel and ram air setup (not in the photo).

Nice find! The console with clock too! You scored!
You also could look for the pancakes motors and have power rear windows vs cut for your crank. I love to drive the 4 windows down, while with non electric, it's impossible to open/close the other 3 windows from the driver seat!
I have a convertible w power windows. Love top and windows down driving 👍

Regarding the tilt column, the turn signal wiring harness is different for 73 vs. 71/72. Mechanically the column fits all 71-73s. 71s are a little different next to the turn signal lever as they a have a little removable plate next to it, 72/73 do not. That doesn't effect using 71 columns in 72/73, nor using a 72/73 in a 71. NPD sells the turn signal harness for 71/72 and the unique one for 73.

Hope this helps

Here’s the full collection:

View attachment 92625

Those pics have been floating around Facebook for months, if not a couple years. They keep getting reposted by scammers from Cameroon, etc. I cannot tell you how many times I've deleted and banned people that post those pics on the FB Groups I moderate.

Unless you are physically able to go to this location and pick up the parts in person, it's a scam.

Those pics have been floating around Facebook for months, if not a couple years. They keep getting reposted by scammers from Cameroon, etc. I cannot tell you how many times I've deleted and banned people that post those pics on the FB Groups I moderate.

Unless you are physically able to go to this location and pick up the parts in person, it's a scam.

Are you sure? He said he was a good christian man and retired police officer... and was using his son's email account. Nothing against good christian men and decent retired police officers, but I ain't buying it. #Scam

Any contact info? I'm looking for a tilt column for my '72.
Hello, I am going to make an ad for a black 71-73 Mustang Cougar tilt column that was purchased as refurbished from an Ebayer, you should see the ad in about an hour...have to take pictures then make the ad... asking $750 local pickup near Baltimore MD or $850 shipped to you

Let me guess... the seller wants you to send the money via Western Union? Someone tried that one with me a long, long time ago. Fortunately someone with more experience in such things set me straight before I became a victim.

Let me guess... the seller wants you to send the money via Western Union? Someone tried that one with me a long, long time ago. Fortunately someone with more experience in such things set me straight before I became a victim.
I am not a scammer, if you check out the ad I offer local pickup so you can check it out before buying and prefer zelle for payment if it needs to be shipped, I usually make ads on Ebay but the seller fees are unreasonable so I am posting here on these forums. I also posted an ad here for a seat and a scammer tried the upgrade to zelle business account scam, which there is no such thing... so I myself was almost a victim of a scammer, I ended up selling on ebay though

I am not a scammer, if you check out the ad I offer local pickup so you can check it out before buying and prefer zelle for payment if it needs to be shipped, I usually make ads on Ebay but the seller fees are unreasonable so I am posting here on these forums. I also posted an ad here for a seat and a scammer tried the upgrade to zelle business account scam, which there is no such thing... so I myself was almost a victim of a scammer, I ended up selling on ebay though
If I follow this thread correctly I don't think you are the one being called scammer. They are referring to the pictures posted above.

If I follow this thread correctly I don't think you are the one being called scammer. They are referring to the pictures posted above.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out, I am new to these forums and I did not scroll up higher to see the original picts and comments that these have been reused, I thought he was replying to my post that I was about to make an ad to sell mine since his reply was right under my post, I assumed he was replying to me, thanks again for the info

I apologize for unknowingly accusing you of accusing me of being a scammer, I am new to these forums and since your post was under my post I wrongly assumed you were responding to my post. Another forum member pointed out that you were referring to the pictures and ads that have been showing up over and over again and that was way up in the thread which I did not see, sorry again, still learning how these forum threads work

I apologize for unknowingly accusing you of accusing me of being a scammer, I am new to these forums and since your post was under my post I wrongly assumed you were responding to my post. Another forum member pointed out that you were referring to the pictures and ads that have been showing up over and over again and that was way up in the thread which I did not see, sorry again, still learning how these forum threads work
Apology accepted! No harm done. Simply a misunderstanding. We're good! :)

Def wasn't you

Back