TMI ginger Mach 1 sports interior upholstery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markafss

Reaction score
My Car
73 Q code Mach 1, C6, original owner
Has anyone with a ginger interior replaced their’s with a TMI or DI replacement interior? If so, how well does the new vinyl match the original?

In my Mach-1, The interior had been replaced by the second owner, and I never saw it.
Their interior was nice, but now it needed an upgrade, so I opted for the TMI interior in ginger. The color of the TMI seats is good. I like them more than the ones that I replaced. The TMIs are a slightly "mottled" in color, like the door panels. I ordered them from CJ Pony, (on sale)
https://www.cjponyparts.com/tmi-premium-upholstery-mach-1-interior-1971-1973/p/U79-V/ They came in about a week!
Here's a picture of them Installed in my car.

New Interior.jpg

Incidentally, I kept the old foam, but added a 1/4" thickness to some of the bolsters. I really like the look and feel of the TMI product. That being said, If you live in a cooler climate, do yourself a favor... Install them in a warm environment! I live in Phoenix AZ, and even though it was only in the 60 degree range when I did mine, they were a bit stiff. The warmer the weather, the easier to fit and hog-ring them. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Latest posts

Back