TMI has 71-73 deluxe door panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was a hassle to cut the handle holes and speaker holes exact, and the holes for the clips dont line up right , plus there is no chrome weather top trim on them and no way to mount it. i had to leave mine offand the pull handle mounting brackets were way off.
I assume you are referring to the Mustang Market ones. I was able to pull off the chrome strip by removing the staples and drilling holes to reinstall them and yes it was a PITA.

Has TMI listed any prices yet?

I'm not sure which one's I got through CJ's but the first set had an incorrect shape at the top and I had to send them back. 2nd set was much better but most of the clip holes did not line up so I put screws into the bottom of the carpeted area.

The window felt is doable but is not a 15 minute job. I felt the included staples not long enough and made my own out of coat hangers and shaped each one to the length I needed for that area.

There was a lot of forcing to get the panel to fit the door but they are on there and look much better than the cracked up old ones. It also helped to use a heat gun to soften the plastic to help shape it into place better. Another rough spot that is good to have an extra set of hands is attaching the remote mirror control. Holding the door panel up and putting all of it together can be a challenge if your trying to do it by yourself.

There was also some cutting that I had to do to make the old plastic inserts fit into the door handle but that should be expected just like anything else there are variances between the years and they are making one to work with all years possible.

Back