Tow strap ??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
1972 fb
Where is the best place to attach a tow strap to the front end of a 72 Mustang? Need to move my sons 72 about 40 feet to pour a concrete slab.No gas tank or carb is on the car.I don't want to bend any thing up.Thanks

Where is the best place to attach a tow strap to the front end of a 72 Mustang? Need to move my sons 72 about 40 feet to pour a concrete slab.No gas tank or carb is on the car.I don't want to bend any thing up.Thanks
I think I'd go around the cross member the strut rods attach to, that's where I jack from. Of course, it may be hard to go around with the radiator and such, can't remember how it used to look ;)

When I used to winch my car up into my trailer, I attached a stap to the engine crossmember. It hangs pretty low and it allowed me to winch my car without the strap interferring with my front spoiler.

Mike

whever i towed my Mach 1 to and from Utah (Hill AFB) i hooked around BOTH front bumper supports (73's have super massive bumper supports) i even tow strap/towed my mach one down the street this way when i was PCS'ing out of Utah to a friends house who was going to let me keep it there until i left.

If your just going to move it forward i would even just strap it up to the front sway bar. i bet it'll take more than towing the car around and alot of jerking to bend anything there.

hope this helps!!!

Towed mine down the side of the interstate with a chain using the front crossmember. Held up fine at 50 mph.

Last time I drive in the pouring rain with the scoop inserts out of the hood. Had to replace the coil. :dodgy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back