transmission dipstick

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang fastback grabber lime

2011 fusion sport
Anyone no what size the dipstick grommet is that goes in transmission (c6) and where can i find one ,,i had someone tell me there was no grommet it just stuck in the transmission please help

If you mean the tube into the trans

No grommet but it has an O ring

Don

note its not a regular o-ring as i found out, its a wider seal, i replaced mine with a regular o-ring and it kept leaking. i could not find just the seal so i bought a Ford racing Chrome Transmission filler tube(c6) with dip stick for 20$ and then robbed the o-ring off of it and just put the rest on the shelf and reused my original dip stick and filler neck.

side by side the o-ring off the ford racing was wider and had a flat face, were the o-ring of the correct diameter was thinner and round faced.

(i did try a larger o-ring and jammed the neck into the C6 and it just kept weeping fluid out was a real PITA)

note its not a regular o-ring as i found out, its a wider seal, i replaced mine with a regular o-ring and it kept leaking. i could not find just the seal so i bought a Ford racing Chrome Transmission filler tube(c6) with dip stick for 20$ and then robbed the o-ring off of it and just put the rest on the shelf and reused my original dip stick and filler neck.

side by side the o-ring off the ford racing was wider and had a flat face, were the o-ring of the correct diameter was thinner and round faced.

(i did try a larger o-ring and jammed the neck into the C6 and it just kept weeping fluid out was a real PITA)
You are right ! I do remember it having a flat surface . You might try a local tranny shop or one of the on line trans supply houses. Good catch !

Back