Trim piece question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbcats

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Fastback 351C
Could someone tell me what that trim piece is called between the sail panels and the rear quarter window and if there is a reproduction made? Mine are missing on both sides. I'll try to take a picture later if I'm not being clear enough. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no repro - hard to find good ones.

I don't have a correct name

I always considered it part of the 5 pieces of headliner trim set.

Don

Well crap....LOL I figured as much. I may try to find a strip of metal or fiber board and cut it down and cover it with vinyl wrap. Here is the picture just for reference on where I'm talking about.

20384849520_2118c525bc_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
some people called them C pillar fillers. as we don't have B pillars in the mustangs.

just for fun, i checked e-bay.. the last time a set in good shape showed up for a fastback was in 2013, they were Tan colored.

the coupe ones show up from time to time.

I was able to clean-up, paint, and eventually re-use the originals from my car. But when I originally purchased the car, it only had one... or so I thought until I got it apart far enough to find the other one lodged in between the rear seat and quarter trim panel. That was after I'd found a nice set on ebay, of course.

So - I have a set if you're interested. I'll get pics - they're blue.

Hello,

This part is called the "C" pillar trim. There are reproductions made and available. I know National Parts Depot has them in just about any color you need. They are just under 30 dollars. Hope this helps

Hello Otto - I gotta ask if you have a link. I'm way too intimately familiar with the NPD website and have been through it up, down, and every direction in putting mine back together... and there's no such animal. Sail panels, interior quarter panels, etc. sure, but not so much the interior plastic C-pillars.

If Don from OMS hasn't posted anything about 'em, they most likely don't exist. He is always on top of the repop scene and lets us know when new stuff hits the streets.

@otto they exist for earlier mustang not for 71-73 mustangs.

coupe and fastback trims are different they have different lengths and angles.

@otto that is the sail panel, not the C pillar trim.

he is looking for this

71-73-COSP-U.jpg

I must have misinterpreted the question. Maybe it's brain fatigue from the long winded post from earlier. At least now I know the proper name for the so called "c" pillar trim

Back