• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Unique to 71 Mustang parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1, Q code, 4 speed, fully optioned
Rear edge of hold bright moldings, 1 NOS $100, and several very nice used $60 each. Working AM 8 Track with MUSTANG marking on tape door, needs tune up for best sound $125, Auto seat back release complete seat components for 71 center manual release $75. Shipping extra
IMG_1463[1].JPG

Interested in am/tape unit. When you say needs tune up, can you add a little more detail. Are tapes ejectioning ok, radio play by itself ok, all channels for speakers working, back light work, volume control work........

Mac

Mac, the tape ran fine when I checked it months ago. The AM sound was poor on one side, it was either the right or left, the other side decent. Same may have been true when the tape played, I don't recall. Volume and balance worked, I would have to check the backlight. The 8 track tape is pushed in to play and pulled out to stop, there is no eject feature. The AM presets work as I recall. If still interested given all this, I can hook it up again check the backlight etc.

Doug

Back