-- VILAN -- TAIL LIGHT LENS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a signed acknowledgment on the order form that the buyer understands these are not DOT legal and are for car shows and off road use and not legal for use on the road. And keep them on file. Labels and stickers on the packaging will suffice. I am a lawyer and I don't see it as an issue.

Get a signed acknowledgment on the order form that the buyer understands these are not DOT legal and are for car shows and off road use and not legal for use on the road.  And keep them on file. Labels and stickers on the packaging will suffice.  I am a lawyer and I don't see it as an issue.
...once again, Jeff knows his sh*t    ::thumb::

Get a signed acknowledgment on the order form that the buyer understands these are not DOT legal and are for car shows and off road use and not legal for use on the road.  And keep them on file. Labels and stickers on the packaging will suffice.  I am a lawyer and I don't see it as an issue.
...once again, Jeff knows his sh*t    ::thumb::
Thanks for the heads up. I've been busy getting set up with karts and gear for the kids and I so we can get into karting. A family that plays together stays together. Also dealt with getting side swiped by an 18 yr old girl on her phone. Second distracted driving hit on my Vehicle and one on my wife's new truck 5 months ago. Driving for 33yrs with no accidents and two in two years on the same truck and with my wife's accident makes two in 5 months. I'm ready to make someone eat their phone, sideways! Anyway, I take this tail light legality seriously because being a car guy i wouldn't just say forget it to the idea of making and offering them. But accidents I think are more prevalent with distracted 

drivers and I'm not willing to risk anything.

I'm hoping to get on making a few sets and then letting you all know they are available and at what cost. Need a couple of weeks and should have something to show you all.

I'm hoping to get on making a few sets and then letting you all know they are available and at what cost. Need a couple of weeks and should have something to show you all.
I for one thank you for taking on this project and giving us another option for our rigs.

Please put me down for a set.

Bru

another thing you can do to minimize exposure to liability is sell them in an incomplete manner ie, in the US it is legal to make a gun yourself, but it is not legal to sell a receiver without going through the appropriate FFL paperwork because that part is considered a gun. Manufacturers sell partially finished receivers that make it easier to complete the work, but the final work makes the owner also the producer of the part. If there is anything in the US that is subject to more scrutiny than guns, I don't know what it is.

That incomplete manner. in the case of your part, might be to make the mounting flange oversized so that it needs to be trimmed to fit, or some other simple to modify feature.

and they are really cool and I have interest

Hey guys. Update is..... I probably should have waited till i had less than 10 things going at once before I unveiled this idea. My bad for dangling them there and then finding no time for them. Any progress made on my car is basically Marco's doing on the machining side. No time for my build at all. However I did talk to Marco about it and we are picking up the material from the plastics store when I go next week for my acrylic piece for the tail light panel. I've promised Ebstang the first set. Not sure when he'll get them. Then he will give an honest critique on fit and finish. You can base your order on what it looks like on his car and what he has to say about them. I'd put them on my car but you may not feel the same. Thanks for your patience.

Hey guys. Update is..... I probably should have waited till i had less than 10 things going at once before I unveiled this idea. My bad for dangling them there and then finding no time for them. Any progress made on my car is basically Marco's doing on the machining side. No time for my build at all. However I did talk to Marco about it and we are picking up the material from the plastics store when I go next week for my acrylic piece for the tail light panel. I've promised Ebstang the first set. Not sure when he'll get them. Then he will give an honest critique on fit and finish. You can base your order on what it looks like on his car and what he has to say about them. I'd put them on my car but you may not feel the same. Thanks for your patience.

:goodpost:       :wavemulticolor:

:salute:

I don't want to be that " pushy " guy , but It's been a couple a months.

Any updates ??

No your not being pushy at all. I managed to take a break/abandon everything having to do with the build for the summer and got heavily into racing karts with my two kids. Karting season is coming to a close with the cold weather moving in and I can shift my focus back to cars. Once you go 80 mph in a shifter kart with your butt an inch off the ground and a g-force that tends to damage your ribs at every turn..... I got HOOKED is all I can say. To have my 11 yr old son and 14 yr old daughter spending 10 hours on a Saturday having a blast with me is the closest to perfect as I can get life. Even my wife jumped into one. Lol. Sorry for the delay.

MY NEW ADDICTION

free image hosting

Can you and Marco give your "stock" lens the look of the "VILAN" lens? I think I may be forgetting the reasoning why they're different...

Sorry Angelo, I found the answer in one of your earlier posts, in your WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH thread:  

"...I hope I'm not confusing everyone. The top of the page is showing the back of my car with the tail light I made inside it. That whole set up is for my car only. It is a two pice construction. It's a completely different size and shape than stock but still looks reasonably stock. As I said that set up is meant only for my car. The lenses I posted today in the above pictures is a one piece thermal form that is a whole other design that was created for any 71-73 stock opening replacement. Nothing to do with my build. This is just so that anyone who was looking for something a little different for their car..."

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW when you get into karting you got all in. Shifter cars are wild but they never caught on in this area due to cost. WKA rules using the Briggs 5 hp was what most did here with a few two stroke Comets and such when me and my son raced some. There were some Sunday mornings I could hardly get out of bed I was so beat up, lol. It was the best thing I did with my son. Taught him how to really drive and how to get out of trouble driving. His mom was spinning out of ice once and he is yelling to her what to do because the was turning the wheel wrong way. It was all dirt tracks here also so drifting was how you drove them.

Those are some hot looking karts for sure. Going to hang my son's old one in the garage for decoration parked about 20 years ago with a fresh engine on it. Every time he goes into the garage he will remember those great nights at the track.

There was a pretty big vacuum form machine at a junk shop here about 3' square I though about getting but have too much stuff now, lol.

Lights look great sure you will sell some of them.

Now get back to work on your car, lol.

Those karts are awesome and look like hella fun. I'd get in one for a go-round in a heart beat but am quit sure I'd be in traction for a week afterwards. ;-)

Bringing up the foot pegs on my motorcycle in a sharp curve still gets the ol' ticker going.

Life is short so do what putts a smile on yer face. And ain't nothing better than doing it with your family.

Thank you again for taking on this project and updating our stangs.

Bru

Thanks gentleman. My kids get in the truck after a day of karting and it's lights out. Myself, I just try not to moan when their around. Kickboxing hurt less. Lol. 50 this year and my cardio isn't what it used to be. Glad to be over the nausea from the heavy g's though. Thought it was a little lame when I started but it turns out beginning of the season it gets everyone first few times out. I'm out there with another 4 friends and some of them have kids my sons age. My daughter is about the only female there. I'm thrilled she's not intimidated. At 14 she is an impressive driver and is only a second behind my son in lap times. He's fast enough that I can't catch him. Like a ghost rider at 90 pounds lol. And they learn so bloody fast it's like they improve exponentially with each lap. I'm usually filming them vs riding because it's so cool to watch them and give them pointers and watch them shave even more time. Seasoned racers are doing high 18 low 19 seconds on a half track and my kids after only 6 months of ever being in a kart are 21 and 22 seconds. This means we have more great days ahead.

Those are really nice karts!! I got my son into racing about 4 years ago. We run on an 1/8 mile dirt oval. It's a great way to spend time with the kids. We wrench on them during week and race on Sunday. My youngest is 4 and I'm trying to talk the wife into letting him race next year. I might just have to go buy a kart for him and have it magically show up I need the garage! Lol. Here's a pic o of my sons kart. And one in victory lane. We ended up 2nd in points this year. 

how to host an image

I love it!! I don't understand the full body. Iv seen them and I think their cool. Is it for a specific chassis or for dirt tracking...? The owner of the track has two older sons 30's and 40's. Both champion racers. They now have children that race. The youngest boy has same name as me Angelo. I witnessed with my own eyes this 3yr old convincing his 30yr old seasoned racer dad to let him go on his own in a pretty potent kart. His dad finally said ok and put a finger of fuel in the tank and let him lose. You had to see this kid go. Perfect lines, quick corrections and wouldn't get off the track till the gas was done, hence only a finger of fuel. Amazing to see this boy who's only been walking for only two years "rip it up" like that. I'm sure we will have to keep an eye out for this next famous racer in the next 15 yrs.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the dirt track your boy races at. Wow that looks like a BLAST!! This is a pic of my two buddies on the track we are members at. Innisfil Indy

Back