Wetsanding and Buffing in progress (Need some suggestions)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
My painter started the wet sanding and buffing process the other day. Once that's done, we'll start putting the rest of the pieces back on.

Dave Fansin in St. Louis (Dave's Vintage Restorations) does some of the best paint work that I've seen in the area, absolutely amazing. The pics don't do the Sonic Blue any justice.

You'll notice that we did fill in the antenna hole. We also got rid of the rocker trim, and all of the other body trim will be color coded to match. In hindsight, I should have cut out the drip rails when I had a chance. I think that would have been really nice look.

I'm still deciding on if i paint the front spoiler to match the car (Sonic Blue) or dark blue to match the stripes and hood, or do I just leave it flat black.

OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!!!!

BTW, the C Stripes and hood are dark blue.

Let me know what you think everybody as I really value everyone's opinion here.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.

God Bless.....

Roland

[attachment=6098]

[attachment=6099]

[attachment=6100]

The black spoiler on a non-black paint job has always looked unfinished to me. But it's your ride you get do whatever you want.

Thanks fellas. I took a look at a few mustangs online last night, and I'm thinking about painting the spoiler Sonic Blue to match the car.

Latest posts

Back