71 Coupe Teardown progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
So I originally restored the Mustang in 2003, but after being stationed overseas for a few years and it sitting in the driveway at my dad's until 2012, it needs another fix up. I am in the process of striping the body of all the trim and parts that are not metal. Next I am going to sand all the body down to bare metal and prime. Then the "fun" begins with body work. My exterior mods will be minimal with the upgrade of a ram air hood and Obsidian71's 2013 style tail lights. I am still up in the air about paint color, but think I am going with dark navy blue with argent stripes. Stay tuned for updates. Here are some pics of my progress so far.
15hleti.jpg
2nluxk0.jpg
2rms9z4.jpg
b4t3so.jpg
29w4bhd.jpg

Thanks guys, currently waiting to get an air compressor so I can prime it immediately after sanding and cleaning the metal so there will be no chance for corrosion. Unfortunately money is pretty tight right now, so it may be a while before much progress is made, but I will post pictures along the way!

Back