What bands have you seen live?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some are on both lists ( best and worst). I have seen KISS about 15 times...about 1/2 were great, a bunch were just OK, and a few just flat sucked. Band was tired, acoustics were off...who knows? Can't be perfect every time.

Van Halen's last tour with Roth (1984). Worst show I ever saw, just terrible. Following tour with Sammy? Awesome...one of the best shows ever!

Two best I ever saw?

Easy: #1: Santana...far and away the absolute best all-around show ever.

Second best? Suprisingly...Barry Manilow! Didn't want to see him, took the wife for anniversary. Phenomonal performer, great singer and just a great show.

Johannes Sebastian Bach was my first concert back in 1610.

Seriously, my first concert was Poco, Yes, and Black Sabbath headlined. Yes blew BS out of the water.

Saw Led Zeppelin twice.

Bruce Springsteen three times.

Yes again.

I always wanted to see Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, and the Who, never got a chance to do so.
Yes was my first concert. It was mind blowing. That band had so much talent in every permeation. Steve Howe is probably the best guitarist ever.

hmmmm what bands have you seen live?

Well I suppose all of them? I was alive and so were they...at least I think. Keith Richards is still questionable.
:goodone:

ZZ Top

Motörhead

Cold Chisel

Airborne

Jimmy Barnes

Canned Heat

The Angels

Screaming Jets

Rose Tattoo

The Poor

Ozzy Osbourne

Spectre

Kevin Johnson

Rollins Band

Guns and Roses

Jet

Tex Perkins and the cruel sea

Beast of bourbon

Nick Barker

Paul Kelly

Missed Pantera in Perth because of lots of alcohol and wanton females damn them girls.

And no doubt a few more but let's say I was in a somewhat altered state for most of them.
It's funny, I just got my CD of The Angels 'Face To Face' in just the other day. I've liked them since '80 when I saw the video for 'No Secrets', but their releases here are virtually non-existent.My list is bit different than most so far, probably mostly unknown to the other posters, only arena/stadium show was NIN:

Midnight Oil

Rammstein

GWAR (many times)

Skinny Puppy

Queens of the Stone Age (Songs For The Deaf)

INXS

DEVO

GBH

Circle Jerks '88

Agent Orange

Consolidated

The Meatmen

The Specials

The English Beat

NIN

The Pixies

The Fleshtones

Suicidal Tendencies (rap-rock era...sucked)

Wreckless Eric

Rancid

Offspring

Guttermouth

Red Hot Chili Peppers (so so)

Ministry (sort of...30 minute show at 4pm at Lollapalooza, good but way too short)

The Fixx

As far as Barry Manilow and Elton John, like any other performers, sometimes they have to be seen live to be appreciated. Others, can't live up to the high production of their recorded music.

ZZ Top

Motörhead

Cold Chisel

Airborne

Jimmy Barnes

Canned Heat

The Angels

Screaming Jets

Rose Tattoo

The Poor

Ozzy Osbourne

Spectre

Kevin Johnson

Rollins Band

Guns and Roses

Jet

Tex Perkins and the cruel sea

Beast of bourbon

Nick Barker

Paul Kelly

Missed Pantera in Perth because of lots of alcohol and wanton females damn them girls.

And no doubt a few more but let's say I was in a somewhat altered state for most of them.
It's funny, I just got my CD of The Angels 'Face To Face' in just the other day. I've liked them since '80 when I saw the video for 'No Secrets', but their releases here are virtually non-existent.My list is bit different than most so far, probably mostly unknown to the other posters, only arena/stadium show was NIN:

Midnight Oil

Rammstein

GWAR (many times)

Skinny Puppy

Queens of the Stone Age (Songs For The Deaf)

INXS

DEVO

GBH

Circle Jerks '88

Agent Orange

Consolidated

The Meatmen

The Specials

The English Beat

NIN

The Pixies

The Fleshtones

Suicidal Tendencies (rap-rock era...sucked)

Wreckless Eric

Rancid

Offspring

Guttermouth

Red Hot Chili Peppers (so so)

Ministry (sort of...30 minute show at 4pm at Lollapalooza, good but way too short)

The Fixx

As far as Barry Manilow and Elton John, like any other performers, sometimes they have to be seen live to be appreciated. Others, can't live up to the high production of their recorded music.
cool seen the Angels a few times for awhile they where at every biker party going like wise Rose Tattoo

Styx

Rush

Boston

Shooting Star

REO Speedwagon

Fahrenheit

Triumph

Garth Brooks

SAGA

Van Halen

Asia

Rick Springfield

Rainmakers

Various others plus I played in a few bands

This is the bulk of who I have seen so far. In no particular order.

Jimmy Buffet-First big name concert I went to when I was 18

The Cult

Lenny Kravitz

Rush-5 times, going to be 6 in July

Les Claypool of Primus, Oysterhead, Frog Bridage, Fancy Band and C2B3-9 times total

U2

M.I.R.V.

Billy Joel

Elton John

Prince

Shaka Chan

Sting-twice

The Police

Men at Work

Black Sabbath

Blind Boys of Alabama

Annie Lennox

Peter Gabriel-twice

Tower of Power

Lucky Dube

Bruce Hornsby

Bella Fleck and the Flecktones-twice

Victor Wooten (solo) bassist for Bella Fleck and the Flecktones-3 times

AC/DC

ZZ Top

Jeff Healey Band

Kool and the Gang

Leslie West of Mountain

STYX

Primordial

Earth, Wind and Fire

Van Halen

I thought I would throw in the comedians I have seen. In no particular order:

George Carlin

Richard Jeni-twice

Billy Connolly

George Wallace

Ron White

Lewis Black

I see you got Prince on your list. That's one of those I'd really like to see but never had the chance to.

Sabbath

judas priest

zz top

page/plant

robert plant

queen

meatloaf

thin lizzy

deep purple x4

pink Floyd

mike oldfield

ultravox

ian gillan band

dio

motorhead x2

iron maiden x3

twisted sister

wasp

accadacca

Santana x3

alice cooper

eric Clapton

gary moore

van halen

david lee roth

dire straits x3

def leopard

ozzy osbourn

rick wakeman

u2

kiss x3

motley crue

david bowie

metallica x3

the police

devo

John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola and Paco de Lucía

Yngwie Malmsteen x2

Stevie Ray Vaughan (1984)

I've probably forgotten more than I remember!

my favourite memory: NONE!

(jack daniels took care of that)

KISS, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Skid Row, GunsnRoses, Motely Crue, Meat Loaf, WASP, Rose Tatoo, Angels,Heart, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick, Pink Floyd, Mick Jagger, Alice Cooper, The Poor, Jon English, Hudoo Gurus, The Cockroaches (before they became The Wiggles), Eurogliders, Masters Apprentice, members of Little river Band, members of Daddy Cool, Village People haha seriously, Celine Dion, Buddy Guy, plus Heaps of Aussie bands and heaps of others but just these are at top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of mine were from 1973 to 1985.

Guess Who (six times from '73-2000)

Gary Wright

Frampton

Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre and post crash)

Yes

Deep Purple

Steely Dan (opening for the Guess who)

ELP

Alice Copper

Burton Cummings

Horse Lips

FM

Devo

BTO

Three Dog Night

Jefferson Starship

Todd Rundgren

McCartney

Beach Boys

Jan and Dean

ZZ Top

Hawkwind

Andy Williams

Ann Margret

Renaissance

Genesis

Cheap Trick

Tommy James

Stranglers

Ted Nugent

I'd count the stage version of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" as a concert too.

I've remembered a few more:

Dokken (1987)

Quireboys

Bon Jovi (1988 not my choice!)

Brian May

Paul McCartney

Prodigy (Smack My Bitch up tour. Saw them in Hong Kong in 1997. There were police everywhere).

The Strokes

The Thrills

I see you got Prince on your list. That's one of those I'd really like to see but never had the chance to.
Great concert. Saw him in 1997 at an outdoor venue here called the Gorge at George. We had good seats too.

The one concert I regret missing was Bootsy Collins last year. He was here on Labor Day Weekend and I had prior commitments in Canada. Hopefully I get another shot to see him

Ii forgot I saw Donnie Iris play in a high school auditorium in Beaver Falls, PA. I think that's where he is from. My friend, Mike Blackwood, played guitar in the local band that warmed up for him.

I also saw Atlanta Rhythm Section play in my home town high school auditorium. Our school won a wriggly gum contest.

And at the boarding school I went to, George Steinbrenner payed for Chuck Mangioni tp play in our auditorium. It was his graduation present to his daughter who was a classmate of mine.

And, I saw Three Dog Night play in my college gymnasium.

Wow what lists you guys have - and some quite considerable overlaps - maybe a Mustang genes thing.

This is fun but hard on an older brain so here goes:

Supertramp

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Elton John x 2

Eric Clapton x 2 (1st time at the Royal Albert Hall in London which was amazing

Queen x 2 (sadly both post Freddy era)

Status Quo

Rolling Stones

Little Richard )

Jerry Lee Lewis )

Little Eva )

- saw these last three together in an All Time Greats Rock and Roll Concert in London. Little Richard was simply brilliant and the star of the show

Joe Cocker x 2

Tom Jones

Carlos del Junco - one of the world's best harmonica players

Ruthie Foster

Who've I not seen but would love to?

Tina Turner

Jools Holland

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi som onnown for your Danish groups Like Gnags has been my favorite when I was young ;-) But My favorite is Bryan Adams which I have seen 4 times in Denmark ;-) My favorite is Now Allabama which I have been able to get to hear in my journey of US back in 2000*-:) Have Loved Them ever since \m/ Country is my favorite Music off all.... Regards Lars DK73

Back