What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started media blasting and even got through one hellasiouse thunderstorm that included dime size hail. Sorry Don no leaks. as a matter of fact when the sun came back out decided tomorrow I'll close the door and run my A/C. Those full suits are hot!

DSCN1179.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Started media blasting and even got through one hellasiouse thunderstorm that included dime size hail. Sorry Don no leaks. as a matter of fact when the sun came back out decided tomorrow I'll close the door and run my A/C. Those full suits are hot!
Is that one of those harbor freight blasters. Make sure to change out all of the valves for stainless valves. They will go in no time. What kind of media are you using? Also get the biggest ceramic nozzles you can find. It plugs like crazy.

So I found out. Broke the big one today and am heading to the local store for a replacement. Using fine sand on the heavy metal and glass bead on the cowl and interior/exterior body panels. May look at soda while I'm there.

So I found out. Broke the big one today and am heading to the local store for a replacement. Using fine sand on the heavy metal and glass bead on the cowl and interior/exterior body panels. May look at soda while I'm there.
markmel, I personally wouldn't use fine sand and especially without any cabinet or proper enclosers. I sandblast a lot and did some research on the types of media to use. Also, the fact that you've got little ones that help you in the garage is even more of a reason not to use sand as a blasting media. Here's some good reading on sand, silica and silicosis. http://www.workershealth.com.au/facts060.html Take care!

Are there Mustangs Anomomous groups out there?
Don't know but if you find one, I'll join you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
markmel, I personally wouldn't use fine sand and especially without any cabinet or proper enclosers. I sandblast a lot and did some research on the types of media to use. Also, the fact that you've got little ones that help you in the garage is even more of a reason not to use sand as a blasting media. Here's some good reading on sand, silica and silicosis. http://www.workershealth.com.au/facts060.html Take care!

There is tons of places that sell no silica media out there and its cheaper than sand in most cases.

We removed the old "broken" engine and cleaned and painted the engine bay.

The new engine should be installed within the next couple of weeks.

Now the question is what to do with the old engine. Besides a cracked block

the rest of the engine is in good shape so we would consider parting it out.

Have always heard how difficult it is to find parts for a Cleveland and now we

will find out how difficult it is to sell parts for a Cleveland.

mike

I installed the side chrome today, and the Emergency brake cables

It is starting to look like a car again.

If my friend ever uploads the pics to my website, I will post them

No, since I only have 1 half mask/dual cartridge facemask at home NOBODY has been allowed over during this phase of the project. But i really do appreciate ya'll looking out for us.

Mark

Thanks Guys. Here is a link to the first time she fired off.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-idling
Nice, Roy, but there's a problem. Three guys standing around the engine of a muscle car and not one beer? Mechanic blasphemy!
LOL you must not have clicked on any of the other videos after that one, trust me you would be surprised. We could all own boss429 cars in scrap aluminum

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Another day wasted on the brakes. Removed the proportioning valve still no pedal. So going to order a new MC cause talking to Wilwoods tech line is a joke.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

New wheels, tires, and mounts arrived today.

IMG_14801.jpg

IMG_14811.jpg

IMG_14821.jpg

Pulled the rear end apart to find 3.25s and an open diff... I'm replacing it with 3.70s and a lockright.

IMG_14851.jpg

IMG_14861.jpg

:rolleyes:

Thanks Guys. Here is a link to the first time she fired off.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-idling
Nice, Roy, but there's a problem. Three guys standing around the engine of a muscle car and not one beer? Mechanic blasphemy!
LOL you must not have clicked on any of the other videos after that one, trust me you would be surprised. We could all own boss429 cars in scrap aluminum

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Another day wasted on the brakes. Removed the proportioning valve still no pedal. So going to order a new MC cause talking to Wilwoods tech line is a joke.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
You got me! I'm a "video link slacker". If you ever cash in that scrap aluminum don't forget about us poor boys! I need to finance some body work :rolleyes:

Spent a full weekend playing papa Mark. Did get out and measure the headliner bows and the hole placement for another member and knew if I picked up 1 tool I'd have some disappointed grand kids. Now tomorrow is another story.

Back