What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we completed refurbishment of our '72 convertible's fuel system. Everything except the metal fuel lines has now been replaced and the original factory carb has been rebuilt. New fuel tank, vapor recovery valve, sending unit, rubber lines, filler neck seals and cork gasket, hose clamps, fuel pump, fuel filter... the whole enchilada. Lotta work and cost, but it will never have to be done again (in my lifetime, anyway).
I need to the same thing. May I ask what it cost you? What area, if any, do you wish you'd hired a professional ?

Well, I didn't "do" it and it's not to my Mustang... but my garage now has a 50amp 240 outlet for my welder and a 20amp outlet for my aircompressor

Attachments

• 20240701_125705.jpg
    20240701_125705.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
I need to the same thing. May I ask what it cost you? What area, if any, do you wish you'd hired a professional ?
All-in, the parts cost was less than $250. I'm a pretty competent amateur mechanic with a good set of tools at my disposal, so there's nothing about this job that I would pay a professional for. The only really aggravating part of the job was changing the fuel pump; it would have been much easier if I had removed the PS pump to create better access to the fuel pump mounting bolts.

I bought the fuel tank off eBay. It's a nicely made tank that fits perfectly. Free shipping, too!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295734796177

The rest of the parts came from "the usual suspects" (NPD, RockAuto, O'Reilly).

Latest posts

Back