What do you think about Weather Tech floor mats?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Just wondering what you guys think about weather Tech floor mats?  I have a set in the wife's 2019 Acadia but the drivers side mat keeps curling up on he side by the gas pedal!  It is close to getting in the way of your foot when accelerating.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones in my 18 model truck do the same thing also in my wife's new car the roll issues are there as well. Just really pay no attention to them and move on but mine seem to be more on the door side rather than the inside. There is no quality control or so it seems anymore.

I have a set in my f150 really like them. No curling.  I have a set of Husky Liners in my wife's Explorer and they are just as nice if not nicer in my opinion. But i agree with others, give them a call see what they say. Too damn expensive to be curling up like that! 

I've got a set in my Explorer, wife and kids have them too. We really like them. FWIW The rear seat floor liner in my Explorer has curled a little. I bugs me for aesthetic reasons but doesn't hurt the performance.

Mike

l have the laser measured floorliners in a 2014 Taurus and a 2018 F150. While slightly more expensive than the all weather floormats, they fit perfectly and use the factory floor mat retention snaps to hold them in place. I always hated trying to keep the factory carpet mats clean.  😃

I’ve had several, for different late model cars. They’re fantastic.

The only thing I’d be careful of is using plastic conditioners, it can make them slippery, that said...they’re a solid product made in the USA...’nuff said. 

Picked up 4 off the side of  the road. 2 went in the wifes mach and 2 went in the wifes kia. Ive had no issues  but the guy who threw them out must have. I would never have bought new just because of the price.

I 've been using them since the mid 90's in both my cars and trucks. Never had any problems.  Have also had Maxliners which is nice product and a few dollar cheaper than Weather Tech.

A tad off topic, but reminds me...  I have bought a set of rubber floor mats in the tri colours (mainly black) with the pony (not printed).. 
Love them for looking good, being super easy to be cleaned and thought at the time I would find them easy again, so I did bought only one set.

Years have passed and I see them nowhere anymore, tho did not really search crazy yet. Would love a set for my 71. Anyone know if there is a place that still make them?

A tad off topic, but reminds me...  I have bought a set of rubber floor mats in the tri colours (mainly black) with the pony (not printed).. 
Love them for looking good, being super easy to be cleaned and thought at the time I would find them easy again, so I did bought only one set.

Years have passed and I see them nowhere anymore, tho did not really search crazy yet. Would love a set for my 71. Anyone know if there is a place that still make them?
Try JC Whitney. 

Well I did a dumb thing over the weekend and left the drivers side window  down on my truck.  :whistling:   It started raining Saturday night and most of the day on Sunday.  I went to get in it this morning to go to the doctors and was greeted by my stupidity.  Although my seat was soaked the floor wasn't to bad.  I have weather tech mats and  it caught the bulk of the water . I would say there was about a good quart or so of  water pooled in it.  It did overflow and some water went into the carpet but it would have been a lot worse without the weather tech molded mats.  Have the carpet and seat drying now. Carpet has a rubber backing so no water laying on the floor pans. 

Back