what's wrong with this picture

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mach1
Looking at the rear seat I have a gap on each side of the seat back. It's been this way since I have had the car. Don't know if this is the correct back or not. It is a non fold down seat.

Jim

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy i had it out and nothing appears bent or broken. There is about an inch to inch and a half gap on either side.

Jim
Jim if I remember correctly (been a bit since I've seen my rear seat) There are plastic flaps that are attached to both sides of the rear seat with some of the seat material which cover this area I can't get to my rear seat to look, I'm almost sure but could be wrong..If i'm wrong then the problem is the seat frame...or the side panels..You could shim out the side panels at the bottom where they mount to the floor.

Scott

Your missing the metal camera case trim that goes on either side of the seat on the non-fold down seats.

There are 4 pieces all together that go around the seat, 2 on top it's split in halve with camera case finish and 1 on each side.

The upper seat cover also has a flap that helps cover the gap between the lower and upper part of the seat frames

I will try and find a picture

seat2.jpg

these are the 2 parts that fill the gap in that area.

the one side that sticks up is overlapped by the plastic quarterpanel interior trim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your missing the metal camera case trim that goes on either side of the seat on the non-fold down seats.

There are 4 pieces all together that go around the seat, 2 on top it's split in halve with camera case finish and 1 on each side.

The upper seat cover also has a flap that helps cover the gap between the lower and upper part of the seat frames

I will try and find a picture

seat2.jpg

these are the 2 parts that fill the gap in that area.

the one side that sticks up is overlapped by the plastic quarterpanel interior trim.
Exactly... you´re missing this 2 parts (at least if your car is an sportsroof body...

I dont know if that parts are available there... i happend to have an extra set.. God knows why as my car is the only fastback in my country...

But if this parts are not available i´m sure is a typical piece someone with a model and a little of imagination can reproduce it easily...

Do those flaps tight some insulation too??

Latest posts

Back