Where Do Factory Engine Lift Hooks Mount

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
Anyone got a photo of where factory engine lift hooks mount?

I thought one mounted to the front of the passenger head, the other at the back. I remember they were on my first Mustang, but that was 30 years ago. Haven't seen them on one since...I don't think.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought one mounted to the front of the passenger head, the other at the back. I remember they were on my first Mustang, but that was 30 years ago. Haven't seen them on one since...I don't think.
On a Cleveland they bolt on with the exhaust manifolds, about center but slightly towards front of motor.

Sorry no picture

Don

On a Cleveland they bolt on with the exhaust manifolds, about center but slightly towards front of motor.

Sorry no picture

Don
Engine-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

Hang onto those. They are getting pretty expensive.

Back