Where have you been ? photo's

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of our cruise last November to Greece, Turkey and Naples that departed from Rome. Spent 21 days with a side trip to Barcelona.

attachment.php
I have that very same picture of the library in Ephesus, from when I was stationed in Izmir, Turkey. I loved the theater - it was freaken huge!
I thought I would find something on the fun side. I spent about a year and half in China working so you see lots of things you never see here. The "Chinglish" is what you get when a Chinese tries to do a translation to English. You see it everywhere and some are so bad you just cannot figure out what the are saying. The shipping there is also amazing. You see flat bed trucks loaded with 90,000 lbs. yes 90,000 lbs. leave our die shop and not a single strap or chain on anything. How they live I will never know. The car hauler in the pics was at a rest area on the toll road. They have scales as you enter the toll road so he is not overloaded by their standards. Check out how many cars are on the hauler, 20 double rows of 5 top and bottom, and how few tires are on the truck. We were also next to a fighter plane base in Wuhu China and I had to take the picture of the signs on the fences around the base. It was a fun job but long hours and very dirty air.

David

Now to my favorite place Africa. I have spent months walking through the bush there and long to return soon. I spent so much time there hunting I am allowed to take hunters out and guide them. I go over and work on a hunting ranch for room and board and I am forced to go hunting almost every day. The Okavango Delta and the Kalahari desert are two great places for sure just difficult and expensive to get to. Bush plane and then Mocorro dug out canoe to camp. This link should get you to video slide show on youtube. Do the copy and paste thing.

I am the tall guy with the grey beard not in may of the pics since I am the guide. My pic should be below the video holding two baby lions.

David

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20036_zpsbesgdeuy.jpg

for our friends in other countries and our Yankee friends

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20037_zps5grjlqle.jpg

To the left is where a member of the Bonnie and Clyde group hung out. Bullet holes still in the walls today from other incidents at the Star Cafe.

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20035_zpsicfqnrnw.jpg

Down the street view from that same cafe

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20033_zpsmzxfy7is.jpg

basic cross street in ole town Ft. Worth.

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20032_zps60pzjn8l.jpg

further up the street where I was getting my Alligator boots fixed. note the sign on the old theater????

Last edited by a moderator:
Now to my favorite place Africa. I have spent months walking through the bush there and long to return soon. I spent so much time there hunting I am allowed to take hunters out and guide them. I go over and work on a hunting ranch for room and board and I am forced to go hunting almost every day. The Okavango Delta and the Kalahari desert are two great places for sure just difficult and expensive to get to. Bush plane and then Mocorro dug out canoe to camp. This link should get you to video slide show on youtube. Do the copy and paste thing.

Awesome thanks for that i have a life long dream to take a lord derby eland in C.A.R but for now hoping to do the garden route then blue train to Pretoria onto Saint Lucia, Durban, Kruger followed by vic falls in August.

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20036_zpsbesgdeuy.jpg

for our friends in other countries and our Yankee friends

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20037_zps5grjlqle.jpg

To the left is where a member of the Bonnie and Clyde group hung out. Bullet holes still in the walls today from other incidents at the Star Cafe.

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20035_zpsicfqnrnw.jpg

Down the street view from that same cafe

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20033_zpsmzxfy7is.jpg

basic cross street in ole town Ft. Worth.

Ft.%20Worth%20Stockyards%20032_zps60pzjn8l.jpg

further up the street where I was getting my Alligator boots fixed. note the sign on the old theater????
Thanks for posting up the pics, I love looking at the architecture of older towns and their histories. Just did a trip down to an old town called Tenterfield in northern NSW not so long ago. We walked around the town taking in the sights of the old buildings and reading about its history and ended up at the Tenterfield Saddler, the place is famous as Peter Allen sang about it and the history of it was his grandfather bought it in the early 1900's and kept it until the 50's when he died. Unfortunately too many older towns these days are tearing down older buildings and replacing with modern structures, such as the town near me. As for the sign on picture theatre, is that where you've got your cows hanging out now, are they in there watching "mooovies" lol. Hope you got your alligator skinned boots sorted, as I had a pair of crocodile skin ones many years ago (truck driver I knew back then got them for me from the NT) the best bloody boots I ever had. Don't know what ever happened to them though, obviously somebody needed them more than me. Thanks again for the pics.

Sunset pictures were taken in Aruba last November.

Aruba Sunset.jpg

Aruba Sunset 2.jpg

Guns were taken as I crawled under the B-17 when it visited the Canadian warplane Heritage in Hamilton.

Guns.jpg

and the picture on the ramp was taken by a friend at Toronto Airport....one of the views I see every day.

Ramp1.png

HMCS Haida in Hamilton Harbour

Haida.png

Nose Art from Sentimental Journey when at CWH

Betty.jpg

and two pictures from work again I can't take credit for taking them but they are from the ramp view.

ac.png

Ramp Tail.png

Some of my favorite places and things. Touring the black forest in american muscle, favorite German Bar, restaurant, schnapps, Brodick Castle on the isle of Aaron.
Wow, what a bunch of great photos in 17 pages!!!

I want vacation so bad now!!!

I will do a search for some great photos too...

Chuck, your pics look very familar to me - my old home-country, the black forest...

B U T : this orange 1969 Mach 1 on the left - how did you get this picture?!?!?

This is my best friend Oliver with his Mustang! And in the middle Abudi from Austria with his '66 K-Code.

I did not know that this photo exists - and we share ALL - except our wifes and our underpants... :D

Enjoyed it 4v... I have a lot more on that strip. I actually did some work with an ex Texas Ranger. He is a bit older than me, he had arrested the cat I speak of and interviewed him because he didnt believe his story of the Bonnie and Clyde era. Turns out the ole coot was out of prison and telling the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponder,_Texas

http://texashideout.tripod.com/banks.html

Nice little read. The Ponder Boot Company bought the building back in the 80's I think. They make custom boots out of pretty much any exotic skin the mind can imagine.

http://www.ponderboot.com/

blkgatorboot.jpg

my boots are better than these...mine are "strapped". They cost me 1500 back in 1990!!!!

Enjoyed it 4v... I have a lot more on that strip. I actually did some work with an ex Texas Ranger. He is a bit older than me, he had arrested the cat I speak of and interviewed him because he didnt believe his story of the Bonnie and Clyde era. Turns out the ole coot was out of prison and telling the truth.

Nice little read. The Ponder Boot Company bought the building back in the 80's I think. They make custom boots out of pretty much any exotic skin the mind can imagine.

blkgatorboot.jpg

my boots are better than these...mine are "strapped". They cost me 1500 back in 1990!!!!
Thanks Dana, quite a good read. It's amazing some of the stories some of these older guys have, always liked to listen to them even when you know they're stretching it a bit. One story I've read about Clyde was when he wrote the letter to Henry Ford, thanking him for making a fine and fast automobile so he could outrun the law, always thought what a great recommendation for a car, Ford should've published it in ads back in the day. My old croc skin boots sound as if they would've been similar to the style yours are. Wish I knew what happened to them though, knowing what I was like back then, probably got blind rotten drunk, left them somewhere, went elsewhere drinking, finally sobered up then remembered about them a few days later. Glad I don't drink anymore (miss it sometimes though) but had some fantastic times back then. Oh well, I hope who ever ended up with them, got good enjoyment out of them. But yeah you're right, they did cost a bit though, but I didn't pay anything like those prices (not even a third, from memory) Still remember the guy who got them for me asked what size boot I was, so I just ripped of my work boots and told him, about this size, so here take them, gave him the money (around $350 from memory, too long ago) and a few weeks later, got my boots and that weekend I had to show them off in town, lol. Oh well, that's what happens being young and making really good money (last job before I started my apprenticeship) just lived for partying and having a good time, ahh so long ago now, lol.

arizona.jpgJust came back from Arizona and Utah,3800 miles on my Triumph Rocket3 in 7 days

arizona3.jpg

blkgatorboot.jpg

Thanks Dana, quite a good read. It's amazing some of the stories some of these older guys have, always liked to listen to them even when you know they're stretching it a bit. One story I've read about Clyde was when he wrote the letter to Henry Ford, thanking him for making a fine and fast automobile so he could outrun the law, always thought what a great recommendation for a car, Ford should've published it in ads back in the day. My old croc skin boots sound as if they would've been similar to the style yours are. Wish I knew what happened to them though, knowing what I was like back then, probably got blind rotten drunk, left them somewhere, went elsewhere drinking, finally sobered up then remembered about them a few days later. Glad I don't drink anymore (miss it sometimes though) but had some fantastic times back then. Oh well, I hope who ever ended up with them, got good enjoyment out of them. But yeah you're right, they did cost a bit though, but I didn't pay anything like those prices (not even a third, from memory) Still remember the guy who got them for me asked what size boot I was, so I just ripped of my work boots and told him, about this size, so here take them, gave him the money (around $350 from memory, too long ago) and a few weeks later, got my boots and that weekend I had to show them off in town, lol. Oh well, that's what happens being young and making really good money (last job before I started my apprenticeship) just lived for partying and having a good time, ahh so long ago now, lol.
Great Memories 4v! Yeah I had divorced and was prowling the bars, and the ONE thing I noticed was EVERYBODY noticed nice clothes as long as you were cool. Cool by meaning not flaunting. Well I flaunt much more now because I like to mess with my peers that were all uppity back in the day when I was poor. So anyway I bought those boots to party with dancing with the girls and learned that people bought ME STUFF!!:D I happen to have the same last name as a very influential guy that use to own the Dallas Mavericks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Carter_%28businessman%29

if you look at the old dude I DO kinda look like him a bit??? the more I DENIED being family of his the MORE people thought I WAS family of his and the MORE they would treat me to dinners, drinks, women ...aHHHHHH the good life!!!!!! :D I DO actually love the boots because they ARE beautiful and one of my favorite possessions.

Just spent two days with the wife in Paris which is only a two hour train ride from us.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just spent two days with the wife in Paris which is only a two hour train ride from us.
Hey now rub it in, lol. I wish we had good trains in U.S. but never will. The trains in China were fantastic, on time to the minute and soooo smooth.

I visited Germany a couple times and the train station in Frankfurt was a little confusing to someone that speaks no German.

Great country there.

David

I recently retired (31 May) after a shade over 30 years in the O&G business working for one of the majors. An ME by degree I went on to manage maintenance and engineering in some of our refineries, ran some projects then left the US in 2004 to manage some of our largest projects. Note that a good five years of this was me living alone, without family... It was difficult but a tremendous wife made it feasible. My last assignment was in Korea and upon return to retire my dear wife built this (literally) in the back yard. So, no holiday's on it, but a "painting" of my career.

I recently retired (31 May) after a shade over 30 years in the O&G business working for one of the majors. An ME by degree I went on to manage maintenance and engineering in some of our refineries, ran some projects then left the US in 2004 to manage some of our largest projects. Note that a good five years of this was me living alone, without family... It was difficult but a tremendous wife made it feasible. My last assignment was in Korea and upon return to retire my dear wife built this (literally) in the back yard. So, no holiday's on it, but a "painting" of my career.

Great idea on the sign.

Now that you have retired you will wonder how you will have time to do everything. Enjoy what you have labored for and be happy.

My last year of working was in China in a town with no other Americans so I know how you feel.

David

Back