Where have you been ? photo's

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL....well the banjo would be more like a symbol because I couldnt carry a tune in a 5 gal bucket with the lid on it. Sipp'n whiskey...well the wife carries around a barrel of that stuff but I dont touch it. It has fight'n properties in it fer me. So I choose to be safe and allow those around me to be safe as well.:D

319246_10150355690389378_310372109_n.jpg

there are pick ups as far as you can see. I estimate 500 or more, MAYBE 10 cars at this event a clay shoot to raise money for sick and the injured in the oilfield business.

A bunch of places but here's a few from recent visits.

Christmas 2014 in Tasmania

Summer 2014 in Fiji

4th of July 2014 at my place in Idaho.

And a few from my days working in Kazakhstan.

My apartment on shore. They are fishing the Ural River.

A view from from apartment window.

My living quarters 60 miles offshore in the Caspian Sea. An old retired Russian cruise ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Fiancee bought me one of the "dream car sprint" trips. We went to the Mohegan Sun resort in Connecticut, enroute to a wedding that weekend so I could drive the Ferrari, and then I decided to take a few laps in the Lamborghini as well. Being a Ford guy, of course I had to take the Ferrari first. It was a quick car, but the track was so small, I was unable to shift it out of 2nd gear. The Lambo, was a better car. It was all wheel drive, and had a much better exhaust note. The Lambo shifted into 3rd at 8500 rpm, right when I had to slow down for the turn. It was fun, not really that expensive, but was over way to fast....

All my projects 565.jpg

All my projects 561.jpg

All my projects 567.jpg

All my projects 555.jpg

All my projects 559.jpg

images

From the bottom left corner, you see the largest of our buildings. As I progressed as a welder they moved me outside. From the left of the building to the right, you'll see barges on the rafts for completion of the deck to interior bulkheads. From those upper middle in the river we had 1 to 2 tugboats that I worked on...1976...the Maria J (I think is the name)...sold to Ingram Barge Company she STILL FLOATS...:huh: :cool:

huh back then it is what you would consider "tha hood" "n-town" "the projects". A very unsafe place all run down with some industrial integration. I lived about 2 miles from work. Interesting I don't recall one incident where I felt uncomfortable living in a 95% black neighborhood. Any of us that had a job and could "save UP" and buy a car would all gather on Sundays at the park and drink beer and wax our cars. GOOD TIMES!

One of my friends had a 67 SS, I had a 67 Firebird our black buddies drove Duce an ah Quatah's, Caddy's and but odd very few Lincolns.

images

THIS is what my old workplace looks like today. .

Awesome pics everyone!! Been a while. " been some busy months for me" I found some of my real old navy pics the other day.

Below is a rare and impossible to find picture, Of the New Jearsy and Missouri side by side...I have tried to find other pics of this and i cannot... A site that will never be seen again..We was the last civillians let on the ship before they sent her off to dry dock for refit...If you noticed she still has all the old 40mm protective domes on.

img068.jpg

img069.jpg

img070.jpg

img071.jpg

img072.jpg

Neat before and after...I took this picture back in the late 70's....Next one around 2011-12ish.....Washington states stonehenge, i use to think it was quite spooky place!! Drove by it just a few years ago, and it all looks new now!!! i think i miss the spooky old look..lol

img074.jpg

stonehenge.JPG

Where's that?
Down on the Washington/Oregon border...Right across from Biggs junction ...Was built in 1918 by Sam Hill, in honor of WW1 vets that died in klickitat county.

He also made a huge estate that is now a museum, a lot of famous celebs at the time helped with the dedication, Including the Queen of Romanian who gave them over 100 things for the museum...i got a pic of it back in the day too. Below is a picture i took back in the late 70's..same day i took the pic of stonehenge, they right close by.

img078.jpg

Neat before and after...I took this picture back in the late 70's....Next one around 2011-12ish.....Washington states stonehenge, i use to think it was quite spooky place!! Drove by it just a few years ago, and it all looks new now!!! i think i miss the spooky old look..lol
Pretty cool. I'll have to take a trip there to see it.

Well worth the drive.. It is a nice drive anyways, good day trip that you can make it home with plenty of time...Plus biggs across the way if you need some cold drinks or something to snack on..if you go and got the room "tell me"..lol...would love to take some pics of it all with my new camera...and maybe we can get my cousin scott to roll down with his trans am...He just had to replace all the wiring under the dash...she almost caught fire!!...BTW..your white mach 1 would look amazing pulled up next too it..lol

Funny off topic...But you know back when i was a teen here...we had no 24 hour places to eat in the tri cities at all...our nutty arses would drive all the way down to biggs..just to eat 24 deli food at 2 in the morning!!...awww kids..lol

Well worth the drive.. It is a nice drive anyways, good day trip that you can make it home with plenty of time...Plus biggs across the way if you need some cold drinks or something to snack on..if you go and got the room "tell me"..lol...would love to take some pics of it all with my new camera...and maybe we can get my cousin scott to roll down with his trans am...He just had to replace all the wiring under the dash...she almost caught fire!!...BTW..your white mach 1 would look amazing pulled up next too it..lol

Funny off topic...But you know back when i was a teen here...we had no 24 hour places to eat in the tri cities at all...our nutty arses would drive all the way down to biggs..just to eat 24 deli food at 2 in the morning!!...awww kids..lol
I am up for it this summer. Should have enough miles on the car and confidence for a road trip. Maybe others in the area may want to join us.

Back