Whistling noise on the freeway.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the tips guys. Unfortunately the weather turned nasty again, so I may not be able to test anything in the near future.

One thing is new though. When I was on the freeway with my wife last Saturday, I had her roll down her window and try and locate the origin and she is pretty sure hat it comes from the rear of the car.

Now I am thinking maybe the convertible top molding but it also whistled when the boot was on which practically seals the top and most of underside of the molding.

But I´m gonna try and tape some areas of the car if the weather permits it and try and find out more. I only hope that the delamination issues with the clear coat were on the hood only. Other wise I might find the whistle but need a completely new paint job. :(

Thanks for all the tips guys. Unfortunately the weather turned nasty again, so I may not be able to test anything in the near future.

One thing is new though. When I was on the freeway with my wife last Saturday, I had her roll down her window and try and locate the origin and she is pretty sure hat it comes from the rear of the car.

Now I am thinking maybe the convertible top molding but it also whistled when the boot was on which practically seals the top and most of underside of the molding.

But I´m gonna try and tape some areas of the car if the weather permits it and try and find out more. I only hope that the delamination issues with the clear coat were on the hood only. Other wise I might find the whistle but need a completely new paint job. :(
Darn it! I'm really curious as to what it is.

JIm

It's the chrome moulding around the windshield

Tape the gap between the glass and chrome trim

I had to wedge a clear vinyl piece on the bottom part that goes int the fender area to keep it from vibrating against the glass

Good luck

It's the chrome moulding around the windshield

Tape the gap between the glass and chrome trim

I had to wedge a clear vinyl piece on the bottom part that goes int the fender area to keep it from vibrating against the glass

Good luck
Do you have a picture of that? I don't really know what you mean.

I have filled the gap between windshield and molding all the way around with clear silicone. That did not help.

Back