Why I like driving my Mustang everyday..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the process right now of helping my nephew install a 2.3 turbo into his 74 mustang II. He got the motor and turbo assembly from an 88 tbird. and the computer from an svo mustang. Supposedly the svo had a hotter tune than the tbird. We have the motor all tore down. Turbo is out being rebuilt, head is at machine shop for new valves and guides, short block is being freshened with new bearings and seals. Should be a pretty fun project and should run well when done. Just tough on a 19year old college kids budget.

when I finish the Mach I .... I have heavily considered a 65/6 with a Thunderbird Supercoupe engine and 5 speed for a work car. I'm figuring Turbo power for fun and that 5 speed in front of the high end gear of a 6cyl for milage. Will have to find a POS Mustang II for a frontend for easy driving.
Hmm, that's an engine combo I haven't considered for my 65 vert's engine bay. I have an extra 5 speed 3550 sitting in a back corner in the garage. I need research this some. ;)
You guys should consider one of our 4 litre turbo sixes with either the ZF 6 speed auto (my personal choice) or the Tremec 6 speed manual now that the U.S. Dollar is stronger. I have one in my BF Falcon work ute (with the ZF) and stock they put out 245Kw standard (and that's rear wheel) and I get around 10ltr/100Kms combined city and highway (doing 120K/hr, 75M/hr+ on the highway fully loaded with work gear) These engines respond well to mods also, a tune by a competent tuner will give you around 300Kw/ 400Hp and that's at the rear with even better fuel economy (should do it to my ute one day, but just no time) with a tune, injectors, exhuast and a better intercooler brings over 350Kw+ at the rear, still with really decent fuel economy. These engines are some of our fastest daily driven street cars over here and high 10, low 11 daily driven turbo six cylinder Fords are common. Best part is parts are cheap and very accessible for them. Just food for thought and something different over there.

when I finish the Mach I .... I have heavily considered a 65/6 with a Thunderbird Supercoupe engine and 5 speed for a work car. I'm figuring Turbo power for fun and that 5 speed in front of the high end gear of a 6cyl for milage. Will have to find a POS Mustang II for a frontend for easy driving.
Hmm, that's an engine combo I haven't considered for my 65 vert's engine bay. I have an extra 5 speed 3550 sitting in a back corner in the garage. I need research this some. ;)
You guys should consider one of our 4 litre turbo sixes with either the ZF 6 speed auto (my personal choice) or the Tremec 6 speed manual now that the U.S. Dollar is stronger. I have one in my BF Falcon work ute (with the ZF) and stock they put out 245Kw standard (and that's rear wheel) and I get around 10ltr/100Kms combined city and highway (doing 120K/hr, 75M/hr+ on the highway fully loaded with work gear) These engines respond well to mods also, a tune by a competent tuner will give you around 300Kw/ 400Hp and that's at the rear with even better fuel economy (should do it to my ute one day, but just no time) with a tune, injectors, exhuast and a better intercooler brings over 350Kw+ at the rear, still with really decent fuel economy. These engines are some of our fastest daily driven street cars over here and high 10, low 11 daily driven turbo six cylinder Fords are common. Best part is parts are cheap and very accessible for them. Just food for thought and something different over there.
That would be different and fast in a lightweight 65. Hmmm...

Back