wiring harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1972Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1973 Gran Torino Sport
1979 Trans Am
1996 Mustang Cobra
1991 Mustang LX Coupe
1988 Mustang LX Hatch
I have the original wiring harness that came of my 72 Mach 1 but not very impressed with the condition of it. Is there a company out there that offers a new wiring harness?

I have the original wiring harness that came of my 72 Mach 1 but not very impressed with the condition of it. Is there a company out there that offers a new wiring harness?
Oreilly Auto carries them depending on what engine you have. If it is a 351, they have a Holley Brand Full harness for $437 (Part # 534-128) just check with them :)

I think that is a wiring harness to add Holley commander fuel injection rather than a harness for the car in general

Contact Midlife-he does harness restoration and can help you out.
When I enquired about them, they told me they can get them, not sure if I found the right one, but it is a start :) . another place to contact is Ford directly :) that is who I got mine thru :)

72Mach1, there are no repo 71-3 main wire harness (14290, 14401) offered at this time. But we are fortunate to have an on site member/vender who probably knows just as much if not more than the Ford engineers that designed the electrical systems on our cars. There were many options and configurations on our cars that make finding exactly the right used harness (and in good shape) almost impossible. I've seen a lot of butchered wire harness's with masking tape splices and house wire nut repairs. Most of them at this stage of life are just a fire waiting to burn your car or house down if parked in a garage. Contact Midlife http://midlife66.com/harnesses/ You can check with others here that have used his services and can testify to the high quality level work he performs.

Thanks for the replies everyone, secluff, that is the direction I would be fine going with. My car does have AC and rear window defroster, but I have a nice speedometer/tachometer cluster and the center gauges that I am wanting to go with when I start putting it back together, it's gonna be a slow process as they always are......

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused (not surprisingly for an elder gentleman...ahem...).

Are you wanting an EFI harness or to replace/repair all of your existing wiring? If the latter, I can help. Website is http://midlifeharness.com or http://midlife66.com/harnesses . I have plenty of 72 tach-compatible headlight and underdash harnesses in stock if yours is too far gone to repair. Prices for my services are on the website.

midlife, no sir, not wanting anything to do with a EFI harness, just asking about a supplier for a reproduction wiring harness kit, but secluff, brought your name up and said that you rebuild our old wiring harness. I will contact you about rebuilding mine and altering it a little due to switching to a tach and center gauge cluster. Thanks

The only reproductions are alternator and engine gauge feed harnesses for 71-3's (all reasonably priced) and a single 71 headlight for tach and sportslamps that is over-priced. Everything else must be refurbished. No love for the Clydesdales.

Latest posts

Back