Won't start now

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the connector for the ignition switch. The wires to the left with the black sheath go to the switch on the column.

73 WIRING DIAGRAM - https://www.7173mustangs.com/images/1973_full.pdf

See page 4.

I also see a butt connector on the Red w/Lt Blue stripe wire, which is the trigger wire for the starter solenoid. That probably was hooked into the alarm system and is part of why you're having difficulties.

GOT IT The alarm system caused the burn at the collector and I followed both red w/ blue strip to a dead end they were not connected ,,connected them and PRESTO CAR STARS FROM INSIDE AND RUNS GOOD im going tobe come a VIP member after this ,,,Boy you know Crime cost us a lot of money and problems I took the alarm system out don't need it were I live Thanks again Hemikiller,ozcoupe72,Midlife,Delawarebill,Carolina mountain and Don C,and all the others that been working with me on this I have two other cars one ill post now (I know its a Chrysler im selling it but first im a Ford guy all the way and I like all American muscle ,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back