working on a kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I'm happy with all the locations there will be brakets/braces added. The UCA mounts can work with more reduction in track. The LCA mounts need to move inboard to give more faith in fender to tire clearance. I keep telling myself it will be worht it in the end but just using the more common parts combo is sure tempting.

Yep I get that. Sometimes going that way has the pay off of having off the shelf parts where ever you go. A break down 500 miles from home isn't as big a pain, but it is hard to give up on an idea especially when what you have can exceed the common parts. You got skills brother, I am sure you will get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you will get it whipped in no time.

I keep looking at the Factory Five cars and trying to imagine where I can find the extra money to build one. I figure a year of child support payments would get me tmost of the way there if I could just manage to become a deadbeat dad. ;)

Or I could sell the Mach 1, the three motorcycles, a couple of guns and a kidney and get one that is completed

anyone need a kidney ab+

Yep I get that. Sometimes going that way has the pay off of having off the shelf parts where ever you go. A break down 500 miles from home isn't as big a pain, but it is hard to give up on an idea especially when what you have can exceed the common parts. You got skills brother, I am sure you will get it right.
Thanks. I find my biggest problem is not the scope of a car project. My problem is having too many projects and I always want to add my touches rather than just bolt something together that functions. Priorities get shifted when I get lucking and find parts that make me want to move on to a different car. I’m focused on this project because I think it will be a serious runner and there is an end in sight for stuff to buy. If I’m lucky earning money gets in the way of progress too.

This weekend my wife asked when her ’67 Mustang will be done. Hommina Hommina Hommina…..as my favorite bus driver would say.

Looks like you will get it whipped in no time.

I keep looking at the Factory Five cars and trying to imagine where I can find the extra money to build one. I figure a year of child support payments would get me tmost of the way there if I could just manage to become a deadbeat dad. ;)

Or I could sell the Mach 1, the three motorcycles, a couple of guns and a kidney and get one that is completed

anyone need a kidney ab+

There are ways to make money when you have a couple of guns:angel:

A good approach can be to buy a licensed and driving FFR. Decent ones sometimes sell for under 20K. Some very nice ones with good upgraded components have gone for under 30K. Originally I was going to buy a running car and make some changes but then the company had a sale. That combined with the improvements to the MK4 version of the roadster ….there went my plan to do it cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was concerned that the tire would rub I decided to be a chicken and move the lover control arms in .425" per side. When the body is off I’ll add some metal so that the holes are not so close to the edge of the brackets. The repositioned upper mounts will get their reinforcements too.

DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3020.jpg

DSCN3029.jpg

Back