WOW! I'M SPEECHLESS!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am deff not a fan of the built in rear spoiler, only because it is ways too big. However, I think the car would look much better in black. In theory, wouldn't the engine and transmission be worth the current bidding price if they are in good running condition?
Seriously, I think the factory should've worked a spoiler like that into the design... but yes, very much smaller. The car's over all shape begs for "something" on the back edge of the trunk. I think a nice, subtle flipped-up lip (a la '69-'70 style) would've been awesome - but nothing that would've further interfered with the rearward visibility, of course.

That's a good question, regarding the drivetrain (and other usable parts) being worth the money all by themselves. That depends on where the "reserve" has this thing shakin' out.

Kurt, as fun as it might sound, a guy could go broke trying to bring this one back to any kind of a 'restored' state. Once the bondo was removed, there's a really good chance of being a less-than-solid car under there, sheet metal-wise. If everything's OK, it might not be so bad... but I'm guessing they went nuts with the bondo after an "F-it moment" while trying to repair some damage. If that's the case, I can give you a pretty good idea how much it will cost for new repop sheet metal to "restore" the over-bondo'd areas. ;) :D

If that car was "designed" in 1975 as claimed, then it could not have been inspired by the Batman movie, Mad Max or The Road Warrior ( Mad Max II). None of those movies had been released yet in '75.

Its rear spolier looks very inspired by the mile-high rear spoilers on the 71-73 AMXs.

That car could probably be made to look a whole lot better and more "cohesive" with a few minor tweaks and a better paint scheme.

Last edited:
Kurt, as fun as it might sound, a guy could go broke trying to bring this one back to any kind of a 'restored' state. Once the bondo was removed, there's a really good chance of being a less-than-solid car under there, sheet metal-wise. If everything's OK, it might not be so bad... but I'm guessing they went nuts with the bondo after an "F-it moment" while trying to repair some damage. If that's the case, I can give you a pretty good idea how much it will cost for new repop sheet metal to "restore" the over-bondo'd areas. ;) :D
I know it, Eric. Most of those panels are likely screwed into the bodywork. It's either major hammer/dolly time, or new panels - and that's provided they haven't rotted out below all of that.

That, and the sheer number of holes and their locations would be a PITA with a MIG welder. Softer TIG welds may work better along the fenders and quarters.

Would be worth it if it were a Boss 351, J-code, or C-code car.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember well when people would take cheap, used muscle cars and do thier wild bodywork mods to them.

It sounds unbelievable today, but during the late 70s, average condition used muscle cars could be had all day long for $500-$800 or so.

Body guys would often buy these as a cheap starting point for some wild projects.

Just like Star Trek, and other old classic and nostalgic stuff from the 60s, nobody ever dreamed that these old "clunkers" would turn out to be gold.

I never really had the reverance for my car when it was new that I wish I had. I somewhat abused it just like a lot of people did with thier cars back in the day.

I even tried to sell it back around '80 or so and couldn't even get $1000 for it, and it was in pretty good shape: no dents or damage, 70k, eveything working.

I sure am glad I "saw the light" soon after that!

I agree with you Kit. Today, the two main key factors that have seen big inflated asking prices on a lot of classic American cars are POPULARITY and RARITY. A great deal of them definitely have become very popular, and the rarer and better, original condition they are, the bigger the asking price it would seem.

Also, when it comes to wild modding a classic, one has to be very careful what they end up doing, or how they go about it. I think you need a very 'keen' and 'tasteful' eye, 'talent', as well as a 'very good eye for detail', and be prepared to spend large amounts of money to bring the whole thing off. Sadly, time has shown that there are a lot of cowboys that did projects that never came off properly because of the above reasons.

Greg.:)

Back