Bottom Rear Window Rotted Out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDM

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang 1971 Coupé
Hey Guys,

Been at it on the mustang this weekend and one of the things I did was that I removed the rear window.

To my surprise -.- Rust..

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Now I can't seem to find a mustang guy who documented his repair for this specific problem, and I'm kinda new to this.

What would in your opinion be the best way to handle this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

Been at it on the mustang this weekend and one of the things I did was that I removed the rear window.

Now I can't seem to find a mustang guy who documented his repair for this specific problem, and I'm kinda new to this.

Is your car a Coupe? On mine I cut out the rust and welded in a patch.

123.jpg

125.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Hey Guys,

Is it confinded to the center filler part

Between window and the trunk lid or is it into the 1/4 panels also ?

I may have one I can cut out

Don

Hey Guys,

Is your car a Coupe? On mine I cut out the rust and welded in a patch.
Hey Ricky,

Yes it's a coupe, but luckily I won't need a patch like yours. The rust on mine is only in the centre, it doens't go into the panels.

Anyway, nice patch job :cool:

Hey Guys,

Is it confinded to the center filler part

Between window and the trunk lid or is it into the 1/4 panels also ?

I may have one I can cut out

Don
Hey Don,

Yes it is luckily confined to the center filler and doens't go into the panels, thats just dirt on the photo's. Would be awesome if you could cut one out considering in my part of the world, mustangs are very rare..

I was actually thinking of making a big order just like you once recommended so it could be shipped in one container.

Maybe I could send you a private message with some questions I have about the parts I want to order?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh crap... now I'm scared. Even though mine's a fastback, I haven't pulled my back glass yet . :s

Oh crap... now I'm scared. Even though mine's a fastback, I haven't pulled my back glass yet . :s
Mine had some pinholes in the channel but nothing too serious. Hopefully the Gods are done laughing at you and are going to cut you a break...
Yeah... figure the odds. LOL! I'll find out soon enough, I suppose... but I'm pretty sure they're not done with me... not in the least. ;)

At least with everything mine's been through, the squirrels didn't eat the wiring harness. They at least threw me a bone on that one. rofl

Squirrels???? Where????
Well, that's actually speculation on my part. Just assuming more than anything based on all the empty pecan shells I found in the floor pans, trunk, door sills, and cowl. Although, I'm sure they probably died of tetanus before they could do much actual damage to the car itself. rofl

Back