Shooters sound off

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 460 crites headers,summit cam ,edelbrock dual plane hi-rise intake,edelbrock 780 carb,C-6 trans,Pertronix flamethrower 2 billet distributor & coil
Any of you shooters looked for 22 ammo lately & found any? One of my favorite calibers to plink with.Can't seem to locate any local,even the big online outfits are out.One online co. offers 126 dif. brands & types- all backordered. I've got a local mom& pop store that sells a few types for the local hunters,think I"m going to grab a bunch they have before the secret gets out. :D

I have to raid my father's reload room (with his permission of coarse ;p) to get my 9mm rounds which the local box stores seemed to have stopped ordering all together even though it's just about the most common round out there.

9mm training rounds are also in very short supply, they fly off the shelves here in Western Washington State as soon as they're put out(if they even come in). Every place I've check said on the rare occassions rounds do come in, they're limiting purchases to one or two boxes of rounds per customer. There are places you can find the 9mm personal protection rounds but at over a dollar a round, not something you're going to use for target practice...even they are getting hard to find.

Jim

The government has them. Guns are safe without ammo. They just order like 2.5 million more rounds. For training purposes only of coarse:dodgy:
No wonder we are going into Sequestration!

There is .22 LR around here, but its few and far between. Plus its stupidly expensive now. My buddies and I went shooting this weekend and we did more 12 Gauge than .22 in an effort to reduce cost! The real hard stuff to find is 44 Mag, and 38 Super.

Yep, as did I but after this gun control talk I can't find it anywhere.
I'll be at Wal Mart tomorrow and will see if they have any, may be time to stock up.
Our local Wal Mart was out of stock too.

Yup...Here too...22's hard to find..But do pop up...I noticed i have no issues finding 45 auto for cheap so far {knocks on wood} Just picked me up a rare s&w model 25 wheel gun that shoots 45acp..woot ;)

Too late-secret was comprimised,my little town store was empty on ammo today.Luckily I"m not out ,just don't like to deplete my supply,Got plenty of reloading supplies for 44&357 Mag though! ::chili::

Availability in south Alabama is also sketchy. Until last month, you could go into the local Academy store and literally get all of a shipment as it came off the truck. Of course you had to be there when the store opened. They now limit you to only two boxes and those have to be different calibers. And all of the more popular ammo is now stored at the service desk. They no longer put it on the shelf. Wal-Mart said that they get shipments several times a week but they can't be specific about what they will be getting. You just have to show up and hope for the best.

Ammo has been "gone" since Christmas at all retailers.

It's not that they don't order it, there's not enough being shipped to meet demand. On my trips to the local gun stores (there have been many lately), people are buying - everything - and anything ammo related, even if it doesn't fit the gun they have. Literally. I have seen it. People buying .22 snakeshot, longs and shorts that don't have a clue what it's for. I have seen it. The amount of non-shooters, or people that have shot but are totally out of the loop, that are looking for ammo or components lately is staggering.

My quest is finding .22 standard velocity for shooting indoors (club rules). I have found bricks at almost acceptable cost (30-40 bucks each), but only with the help of friends.

I read several online gun sites daily. Biggest doomsday rumor is that the manufacturers are filling government orders first, then retail. Read between the lines of that one. Anything's possible.

Ammo is available if you want to pay the price gougers. Visit gunbroker.com, search selected ammo or firearms and get an education on the current situation. As long as folks are buying, folks will keep selling. It's basic supply and demand at work.

Good to see people spending money, bad to see the reason :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we should start stockpiling brass, powder and reloading machines before they catch on.

Is there a shortage of less common ammo? Have not bought ammo for a while and when

looking through a Cabelas catalog I found 6mm Remington. Have never seen that listed

before, but does not matter, won't ship to Kalifornia. One of my guns is a tricked out

Remington 700 in 6mm.

mike

Back