72 Vert at auction... any guesses?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72-4R3SONS

Reaction score
My Car
2005 FORD EXCURSION
1972 FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE
Anyone venture to take a guess on what this 1972 Q code vert will go for at auction? Or should I say... I'm thinking about bidding on this car, what do you think the hammer price might be?

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/find/vehicle/vehicleDetail.xhtml?adId=1202799

Even though I've been searching for a really nice 71 or 72 vert with a stick, the originality of this car has caught my interest.

Sure like to see better pics. If the car is indeed a 12k mile survivor car, Id guess it to bring $22,500 at auction.

Very rare and desirable car as a Q code 'vert.

Ray

there was a nice yellow 72 vert w/ a 302 that went for 17k on mecum in Kansas City today (or whenever the taping actually was)....so if it's in similar condition I would think somewhere around there

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sent a copy of the Marti report and there is no mention of the NASA hood. This is a concern... Plus, the vehicle was sold from a dealership in SYRACUSE NY... a major salt supplier in the NE (Before SU was the Orange, their mascot was the Saltine Warrior).

Hoping to get more info regarding the car.

I was sent a copy of the Marti report and there is no mention of the NASA hood. This is a concern... Plus, the vehicle was sold from a dealership in SYRACUSE NY... a major salt supplier in the NE (Before SU was the Orange, their mascot was the Saltine Warrior).

Hoping to get more info regarding the car.
If it really only has 12k It should have never seen a winter. Assuming its rust free I would jump all over it for 14k. Q codes bring 4k plus over an H code so keep that in mind.

If it's rust free and no collisions I bet it will go for at least 16k.

I thought the Q codes came with hood locks...this hood does not have them. I am more familiar with 73's but maybe someone else can answer.

Jeff

Sure like to see better pics. If the car is indeed a 12k mile survivor car, Id guess it to bring $22,500 at auction.

Very rare and desirable car as a Q code 'vert.

Ray
I agree, Ray. With more pics and documentation to support the 12k mileage declaration, I would think that the hammer would fall closer to $20K or more, depending upon advertising and publicity.

I would think low twenties for a true survivor car. When is it going to be auctioned and where?

I thought the Q codes came with hood locks...this hood does not have them. I am more familiar with 73's but maybe someone else can answer.

Jeff
I looked at an all original 72 Coupe with same hood and chrome front with q code 4 speed and it had no hood locks either.

Not sure but I think the hood strip and extensions should be painted when the nasa hood was ordered

I have had two [ the Q code 1 is still here ] verts with decor group options

Both had nasa hoods, painted extensions, mach 1 grille and bumper

If the hood was ordered by itself - maybe the extensions stayed chrome ?

Don

Also if it is an original 12000 mike Q code it better go for 20K plus.

Not sure but I think the hood strip and extensions should be painted when the nasa hood was ordered

Don

Don I know in 72 you could order the chrome front treatment and I looked at an original owner 72 coupe that was same way with NACA hood and standard grille. I also had found info about these cars back in 2003 on the web that I can't find now. Kind of like the Spring Sport Coupe package from 71. I really liked the front end that way. I was never a fan of the standard grille until I saw it in this configuration. The difference with yours is they have Mach 1 grilles and those should be painted extensions.

Don

Don I know in 72 you could order the chrome front treatment and I looked at an original owner 72 coupe that was same way with NACA hood and standard grille. I also had found info about these cars back in 2003 on the web that I can't find now. Kind of like the Spring Sport Coupe package from 71. I really liked the front end that way. I was never a fan of the standard grille until I saw it in this configuration. The difference with yours is they have Mach 1 grilles and those should be painted extensions.
I like the chrome extensions, NASA hood, mach1 grill, and chrome bumper. Reminds me of the GT Shelbys so how can it be wrong :D

Back