Not a Mustang Boss 429 in 75 Ranchero

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first read it, I thought the asking price was only $16,500.00, I was getting ready to pour the wife a glass of wine and take her a rose to soften her up...then I re-read that they want $165,000.00. No amount of wine or roses is going to help with that discussion.

Very nice Ranchero though and that engine rocks!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have that engine
Several companies sell these for around 35K just write the check and its yours! Actually not a bad price for that kind of engine.

Over the years I have collected most of the parts to build a Boss 429. Still missing some odds and ends but I have the block, heads, intake, and valve train. If I fall into a few more hard to find items I might get it built and drop it into a 70 Dynacorn fastback body. That would be fun.

A few years back I tried to find the owner of the Boss 429 body that matches the VIN on the block. I figured it would be worth some serious cash to that person. Not on the Boss 429 registry and no record of it anywhere. That good for me because I do not really want to sell it.

- Paul

The engine is nice and all, but man, oh man, that hand-painted woodgrain is just SICK.

I would love to have that engine
Several companies sell these for around 35K just write the check and its yours! Actually not a bad price for that kind of engine.

Over the years I have collected most of the parts to build a Boss 429. Still missing some odds and ends but I have the block, heads, intake, and valve train. If I fall into a few more hard to find items I might get it built and drop it into a 70 Dynacorn fastback body. That would be fun.

A few years back I tried to find the owner of the Boss 429 body that matches the VIN on the block. I figured it would be worth some serious cash to that person. Not on the Boss 429 registry and no record of it anywhere. That good for me because I do not really want to sell it.

- Paul
Paul - Really cool that you tried to reunite the car with the block. If you did hear from someone, they shoudl be willing to pay the going rate for the matchng numbers block. You might watch for the VIN through saved searches. You might also get a Marti report on the car.

Ray

Back