Hello from Oklahoma

DWhitaker

Hello,

Greetings from Oklahoma. My wife has a 71 Mach I that she drove to high school and has owned since 74. It is a rather unusual car. It was first titled to Ford Marketing Corporation in Dearborn. It was kept in Dearborn until mid 72. It has a Detroit(33) DSO. We hold a "B" title to it, as only Ford and my wife have been registered owners. It has a one off stripe on the side installed by Ford, that we have been unable to acquire any info on. We have seen pics of a few others with this stripe, but so far, no solid info. It is also fully loaded with power windows, tilt wheel, intermittent wipers, rear defrost, etc. According to our research so far, it has all options except automatic seat back releases. I would like to post a pic to see how many might have seen or have info on a stripe like this. Thanks for allowing me to participate on this forum.

Regards,

DWhitaker

875520749_71mach1moms.jpg.be8716bafa12806bc2ef1d5a107d5b61.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

That certainly is a nice Mach1! I don't know much about the history of that stripe but someone else here may. We'd love to see some more photos!

spacer.png

Cool looking car. That looks like a "vintage" photo. If so do you have anything more recent?

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Any plans to get it going again?

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Saw this car on ebay and I thought it was yours. This one has the mach 1 stripe as well, though. Too many conflicting stripes. Yours is just right.

!BwqHM3wBGk~$(KGrHqIOKioEwPgB+i)hBMJ+75Zl7!~~_3.JPG

FE177109-A1-C8-4-A6-C-9224-AACCFD66-C3-C9.png

Rick Bombard

1971 Grabber Green Mach 1 351C 4V

2013 Race Red California Special Convertible

1973 Medium Copper Metallic Convertible 302 4V     SOLD

1953 F-100 SOLD

Wow, another one that is Light Pewter like my wife's car. Is this car currently on Ebay? There was a red one on Ebay a couple of years ago and it had both stripes and just looked way too busy on the side with both on it. We saw one here in OKC that was brown with white stripes and it was not very attractive. We later found out it was totalled. This picture you have posted has got me wondering exactly how many of these Ford did this way? And what they called that particular stripe. Hmmm. The search continues. My wife's car does not like too much being finished, I just always shove it to the back burner to work on someone else's Mustang and she is getting tired of that. 71Mach351, thanks for posting that pic. I love that Grabber Green.

• 1 year later...

Is DW still around? Does he still have this car? This is the Twin of the Yoo-hoo car. Check it out:

2ivo4k9.jpg

o6k66v.jpg

15oi4py.jpg

You wouldn't believe how much Yoo-Hoo I drank to try and win this car. You looked under the cap and it would've said "Winner 1971 Mustang" I almost shit my pants when I had a winning cap LOL! But, under my cap, was the word "Winner YooHoo Shoulder Pads" :( Anyhow, the description of this car says the owners installed "Removable Trans-Am racing stripes" Could be Factory installed or sent out to one of their specialty shops to intall these Trans-Am decals. Still very cool and a part of History I'd say.

::welcome:: from Mustang Oklahoma. Dennis, Glad you decided to join us here. You bring a lot of experience and knowledge with you. Chuck

WELCOME aboard, DW!

GREAT looking Mustang. I shared the picture with the First Lady and even she was impressed. Gives me some more ideas relative to the paint job that I will be putting on my '73.

I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

::welcome:: from south Alabama, Sweet ride

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

FastnNefarious,

Is the red car yours? Did you buy it on ebay from Chockostang? Also, do you have any documentation about these cars being won from YooHoo? Still seeking info and documentation on our car. No mention of the stripe on the Eminger invoice.

any info is appreciated.

FastnNefarious,

Is the red car yours? Did you buy it on ebay from Chockostang? Also, do you have any documentation about these cars being won from YooHoo? Still seeking info and documentation on our car. No mention of the stripe on the Eminger invoice.

any info is appreciated.

Hi DW,

Nope, not my car :( Didn't know Chockostang owned this car. No documentions about the YooHoo winner. Here's a link though about the car:

http://www.hallmotorsllc.com/viewlisting-sold.php?listing_id=81125

I bet these stripes was yet another promotional option provided by Ford back in the days. They did it with the Sun Roof, Rumble seat, and now that a picture of your wife's car has surfaced, I believe they did it with these decals. Thought only the YooHoo car had these stripes and they were custom made just for him, I stand corrected. Maybe only a handfull of each were ever made and more than likely by a person who worked for Ford like a manager or mechanic. Joint efforts with Autocraft out of Dearborn Michigan made the Rumble Seats and American Sun Roof out of Southgate Michigan did the sunroofs. More than likely your Trans-Am decal company is somewhere in Michigan. Find this and your search is over. Good Luck Dennis!

DJ

Welcome! I like the stripe! Yours is slightly different from the one on the red car. Look at the area around the handle and also the last stripe is triangular on your car and non-existent on the red car's passenger side. The stripe spacing also looks different on the red car.

spacer.png

Welcome! I like the stripe! Yours is slightly different from the one on the red car. Look at the area around the handle and also the last stripe is triangular on your car and non-existent on the red car's passenger side. The stripe spacing also looks different on the red car.

The driver's side on the red car has the last triangle stripe :huh: Maybe the intallers messed up or the decal came off. The handles also look the same to me. I was thinking... maybe the company who installs the factory decals are the same peeps that installed these. Very similar decaling to the Mexican Shelby GT-351

5lql2f.jpg

Hello Mr Dennis!

Welcome!

What took you so long? LOL

Known you for many years and I'm sure everyone will appreciate your knowledge and experience with the 71-3's.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 2 years later...

i owned a 71 mach 1 in 1984 that had the same stripe. i was wondering if it was a stock stripe, your car is helping me to decide if im going to put this stripe on my current 71. my stripe was not painted on, it was a decal. car was originally bought from van boxtel ford in green bay, wi. as far as i know, this is the stripe it came with.

img100.thumb.jpg.c0c131ca4b71338fc27944351567dada.jpg

img101.thumb.jpg.ecbf1becf941d84c3cb0a56858b8a8bd.jpg

img102.thumb.jpg.404fc362dd032675a198a546d3f69f2c.jpg

img103.thumb.jpg.0a42cdfea2e305e0e568fc6699f0f775.jpg