1971 Stang fixing in Los Angeles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible Mustang 351 C 2V H Code automatic transmission
Hello my friends

I have to repair the engine of my 1971 Stang and I'd like to know if someone of you know some good mechanic in the Los Angeles area

I think that I have to change the oil pump, and maybe reboring one piston

The engine it's a 351 Cleveland 2V H code

Thanks in advance

Dallas

I'd be curious about this as well. I'm not quite that south (I live about one hour from LA) but always good to know contacts.

Out of curiosity, your region says Italy but you're looking for a shop in LA?

Yes, actually, if you want the holy grail of mustang parts aka a workshop for working on strictly classic mustangs with guys who know every inch of the car, then I'd give Mustangs etc. a try. Located in Van Nuys. 818.787.7634...I havent had any work there done yet myself but I did take a tour of the place with the owner (its bigger than it looks) and there mechanic facility is nice with plenty of old stangs and shelbys being worked on.....if you dont care so much about the mustang shop atmosphere then you're welcome to drive up to Ventura County and my mechanics shop could probably do the work. (And NPD is right around the corner, which is nice)

Yes, actually, if you want the holy grail of mustang parts aka a workshop for working on strictly classic mustangs with guys who know every inch of the car, then I'd give Mustangs etc. a try. Located in Van Nuys. 818.787.7634...I havent had any work there done yet myself but I did take a tour of the place with the owner (its bigger than it looks) and there mechanic facility is nice with plenty of old stangs and shelbys being worked on.....if you dont care so much about the mustang shop atmosphere then you're welcome to drive up to Ventura County and my mechanics shop could probably do the work. (And NPD is right around the corner, which is nice)
Kinder,

Have you heard of anyone else's experience with Mustangs Etc? One of my coworkers had a very bad experience with them and that they're not the most knowledgable or reputable with their practices. I hate to judge a place based on a single persons experience but I'm hesitant to drop a lot of money into a place. There's another shop in LA that does mustangs that's a guy who used to work for mustangs Etc. I'll throw up the info tomorrow.

Is your shop up in Ventura good for body work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I went to Rob, my regular mechanic in La Habra to show him my new 72 Mustang and ask about a local engine builder he recommended Taylor Engine Rebuilding. Rob is a long time motor head and told me that back in the day, if you had a Taylor built engine you had the best in the area. They’re located in Brea, CA (Orange County right next to LA County) and told me Chris was a long time engine builder (562) 698-7231 the card he gave me shows www.taylorenginerebuilding.com as their web address but it only shows an Under Construction page with contact information. Now keep in mind, my mechanic drives a late 60’s Chevy. Granted its really cool but it it’s not a Mustang. I’ve only spoken to Chris on the phone and want to get a few more ducks in a row before I meet with him to discuss my engine rebuild, but unless I hear of anyone else in the area this is probably where I’m going to go. I’ll be watching this thread and see what else is posted.

Kinder,

Have you heard of anyone else's experience with Mustangs Etc? One of my coworkers had a very bad experience with them and that they're not the most knowledgable or reputable with their practices. I hate to judge a place based on a single persons experience but I'm hesitant to drop a lot of money into a place. There's another shop in LA that does mustangs that's a guy who used to work for mustangs Etc. I'll throw up the info tomorrow.

Is your shop up in Ventura good for body work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mech Eng,

I haven't heard of anythjng bad like that there, so that's good to know. Maybe like anything I guess it depends on what you go in for....As far as up here, I have a mechanic who helps me with all the mechanical stuff on my Mach. Great guy. As far as body work, yes I do know a few from first hand experience. I am actually having a body shop repaint my dash and such this week. I was just there this morning. An older guy whose been around and seems to know a lot about older cars. It wouln't hurt to reach out to him...and I know another guy who handles everything leading up to paint. He's first class, has a bad ass old wagon, and works on a lot of locals classic cars. I'll upload info...

INFO: http://fullscalehotrods.com Located in Ventura, Ask for Troy (feel free to mention Tom, with 1972 Mach1 :) )

*He helped me out with my louvers and such

Fender Mender Body Shop

Phone:(805) 644-3791 (Ask for owner, Tom)

*Working on my dash and interior pieces. Also going to have him repaint my hood and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Yes actualli I still live in Italy but I will move soon to LA and of course I will bring my Stang with me, so I'd like to find a good mechanic since in Italy it was a mess try to do any kind of assistance to my Stang and consider that I live 25 minutes from Maranello where Ferrari and Maserati plant are and 40 minutes from Lamborghini plant but I haven't found a good mechanic that knows well the American V8 engines

I'd be curious about this as well. I'm not quite that south (I live about one hour from LA) but always good to know contacts.

Out of curiosity, your region says Italy but you're looking for a shop in LA?

I'd like to ask you a question

Could you please tell me a rough idea about how much I could spend to repair the engine of my Stang that is a 351 Cleveland 2V H code ?

I mean re-done the engine

Two years ago I've re done the valve and the valve seats, then changed the timing chain, fuel pump, re done the carb, this year I've changed the sparks, sparks plugs and the Stang always ride well, now a sort of so called dumb italian mechanic changed the distributor and since then when I try to crank the engine I heard an awful noise like of two parts that roatate creating a friction. The distributor it's the right one but maybe it could be the oil pumpo that it's broken or maybe a cylinder to re-bore

I dunno

When I went to Rob, my regular mechanic in La Habra to show him my new 72 Mustang and ask about a local engine builder he recommended Taylor Engine Rebuilding. Rob is a long time motor head and told me that back in the day, if you had a Taylor built engine you had the best in the area. They’re located in Brea, CA (Orange County right next to LA County) and told me Chris was a long time engine builder (562) 698-7231 the card he gave me shows www.taylorenginerebuilding.com as their web address but it only shows an Under Construction page with contact information. Now keep in mind, my mechanic drives a late 60’s Chevy. Granted its really cool but it it’s not a Mustang. I’ve only spoken to Chris on the phone and want to get a few more ducks in a row before I meet with him to discuss my engine rebuild, but unless I hear of anyone else in the area this is probably where I’m going to go. I’ll be watching this thread and see what else is posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it would help

I will contact you as soon as I will be in Los Angeles

I'm trying to open an Italian deli boutique 1292 S. La Brea Avenue‏ I will be lucky to have the lease

I don't know if this helps any but I am 5 minutes from Brea...

Jeff

Back