Z-bar and frame mount

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeZapU

Reaction score
My Car
12 GT
73 Mach 1
85 GT
66 F-100
I have a z-bar and frame mount bracket for sale. 71-73 mustang. The frame mount ball stud is a little pitted but operated smoothly. No wear on the bushing that it was sitting in so I know that its good to go. The z-bar is in fine shape. I did my best to clean it up and paint them. I have some bolts for the frame mount that I will include. The zbar is bare and will need bushings and the push rod bracket. All those other items are available from vendors.

I'm asking $125 plus shipping for both pieces.

I'll hopefully get pictures posted up tomorrow.

IMG_15291_zps1a9e052e.jpg

It is identical to the one in my 73 and that is a 351c. I thought that these parts were universal, and the only difference being the pivot attached to the engine.

It is identical to the one in my 73 and that is a 351c. I thought that these parts were universal, and the only difference being the pivot attached to the engine.
429 has a slightly different angle. I went in with someone to make 100 429 Z-Bars and 100 351 Z-bars using my originals as a template. We made 5 of the 429 bars out of aircraft strength material out of NASA, then "the other" person took my money and ran with it, and they had the connection with NASA. Sold the 5 very quickly before I knew I wasn't going to get anymore. Live and learn!

Mine has "S4C" and "S4D" each stamped into one arm. This one (I was told) came out of a 1972 Mustang, and identical to the one that I have in my 1973 Mach1 with a 351C.

Are the 429 angles different on the way the arms are bent/shaped? What were the letters stamped onto the arms?

It came out of a 72 Q code convertible.

Back