Tim's 1973 Mach 1 rebuild thread

Thanks, Fabrice :wrench:

Yes, I have finally installed the rubber for the trap door catch but I bought it a few years ago. I think it was with all the other rubber parts from Don at Ohio Mustang. So I would give him a call first or visit his web or ebay-page. Mine were missing complete and I ever wondered what was in there... 

Yes, I grease all the bolts I reuse with a tad of fine oil after using them. Although I do not want to change the tank again I do not want the bolts to be rusted again! 

• Like 1

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Great work!  Nice to see someone go to the level of even detailing parts and areas that may not be seen again for years.  If you hadn't taken pictures like the ones of the topside of the fuel tank no one but you would ever know the lengths you've gone to on your restoration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, timachone said:

I do not want the bolts to be rusted again! 

Yeah wouldn't it be nice!? I'm afraid they will not ask permission :D

Rubbers: found some... looks like I wasn't searching with the right words...

https://www.npdlink.com/product/bumpers-trunk-access-door-2/152157?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dtrunk%2Baccess%2Bdoor%2Bbumpers%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D

• Like 1

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Wow.. you have done a lot of awesome work to this car. It is looking wonderfull. You have impressive skills and great patience. 

• Like 2

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

On 6/26/2021 at 4:50 PM, tony-muscle said:

Wow.. you have done a lot of awesome work to this car. It is looking wonderfull. You have impressive skills and great patience. 

Thank you, Tony! I appreciate your words very much! 

On 6/25/2021 at 4:18 PM, Sheriff41 said:

Great work!  Nice to see someone go to the level of even detailing parts and areas that may not be seen again for years.  If you hadn't taken pictures like the ones of the topside of the fuel tank no one but you would ever know the lengths you've gone to on your restoration.

Thank you very much! That's the secret of a good restoration - keeping even the parts no one would ever see in good condition! No one would ever know - but YOU know it! That counts :lollerz:

On 6/27/2021 at 7:05 AM, mach71351c said:

Amazing job Tim! Just amazing!

Thank you, Mike, your words are appreciated very much! 

On 6/25/2021 at 8:12 PM, Fabrice said:

Yeah wouldn't it be nice!? I'm afraid they will not ask permission :D

Rubbers: found some... looks like I wasn't searching with the right words...

https://www.npdlink.com/product/bumpers-trunk-access-door-2/152157?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dtrunk%2Baccess%2Bdoor%2Bbumpers%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D

:rofl: 

And they aren't even that expensive! They make a huge difference. Your trunk floor bulge in the middle will appreciate them... :biggrin:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony: