Hi, I am in the Seattle area and am a long time Mustang enthusiast. I currently have a 71 convert with a 429 cj, 4spd and N case 31 spl rear. I also have a 69 fastback that I am currently building to be a street/strip car.

My purpose for joining this site is to exchange technical information and meet new people that share my interest in Mustangs.

Staci

Photo0571.thumb.jpg.654c900d3a2eab928afa0b106e1db3fa.jpg

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Nice looking convert!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Thanks, yours too!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice car. Original? I know Mickey Graphia in Louisiana was selling a red one recently.

More pics and info! (please :) )

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from Phoenix from a fellow convert owner.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Nice car. Welcome from Bundaberg Australia

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

Nice ride brother!

Welcome from CA!

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. Chuck

Thanks to all for the welcome! To answer the question, it's not an original 429 car but it is all 1970 429 cj running gear. It has headers, edlebrock intake, holley 780, 2 and1/2" exhaust to the mufflers and 3" from the mufflers, an original ram air system,even staggered shocks. Options are PS, PDB, and rear disc brakes, gauges and tach, tilt wheel, pwr windows, and air cond. I redid the seats with leather and in the Mach 1 pattern. The tires are BFG TA's, 245-60-15 and 295-50-15's.

Attached is more pictures, I 'll post more when I get a new camera.

Photo0567.thumb.jpg.59627b68c034cba484b0b96f1f8930f7.jpg

Photo0624.thumb.jpg.ee6c12bbc4d5dbf7cebd3dbbaba21aba.jpg

Photo0568.thumb.jpg.8544a2fa23a3eebd7138f1171c6c3aed.jpg

Photo0626.thumb.jpg.75c149ddc644e2072d716a66843b99bd.jpg

Photo0625.thumb.jpg.e711de282ea15dbe0f593dccb8117294.jpg

::welcome:: from another big block owner , sharp lookin car .::thumb::

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

::welcome:: from another big block owner , sharp lookin car .::thumb::

Thanks, yours looks real nice. Gotta love them big blocks.

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Wow! What a nice car. Looking really hot in the 3x black configuration and a 429 in a convertible is pretty cool!

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Thanks to all for the welcome! To answer the question, it's not an original 429 car but it is all 1970 429 cj running gear. It has headers, edlebrock intake, holley 780, 2 and1/2" exhaust to the mufflers and 3" from the mufflers, an original ram air system,even staggered shocks. Options are PS, PDB, and rear disc brakes, gauges and tach, tilt wheel, pwr windows, and air cond. I redid the seats with leather and in the Mach 1 pattern. The tires are BFG TA's, 245-60-15 and 295-50-15's.

Thanks for your honesty. Now here is mine >>> Your car is a very tastefully done car. I like that it represents well (period correct). And black is my favorite color on our 'Stangs.

Well done!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome and nice looking car -very nice

Don

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

http://www.7173mustangs.com/images/oms_sig_banner.jpg

Welcome from Rhode Island. Great looking car. I love the seats. Is your steering wheel original? I have the same emblem on my 72's rim blow steering wheel. The story I got was that my dad had the dealer who was a family friend take the rim blow off a Torino since he did not like the 2 spoke wheel hence the non Mustang center emblem I have. I will never change it though.

Ron

Thanks for your honesty. Now here is mine >>> Your car is a very tastefully done car. I like that it represents well (period correct). And black is my favorite color on our 'Stangs.

Well done!

Ray

Thanks. I have put a lot into the car, especially the running gear to make it correct for a 429 car. It's such a fun car to drive and I get a lot of attention with it. I still have a few minor things to do but I have a 69 fastback I currently working on to be a mean street/strip car.

Staci:)

Welcome from Rhode Island. Great looking car. I love the seats. Is your steering wheel original? I have the same emblem on my 72's rim blow steering wheel. The story I got was that my dad had the dealer who was a family friend take the rim blow off a Torino since he did not like the 2 spoke wheel hence the non Mustang center emblem I have. I will never change it though.

Ron

Hi Ron, I don't know if the wheel is original to the car. It was in when I bought it. I really want a rimblow wheel but they are spendy.

Thanks for the reply, this seems like a really cool forum.

Staci

Well done!

Ray

Thanks. I have put a lot into the car, especially the running gear to make it correct for a 429 car. It's such a fun car to drive and I get a lot of attention with it. I still have a few minor things to do but I have a 69 fastback I currently working on to be a mean street/strip car.

Ron

Hi Ron, I don't know if the wheel is original to the car. It was in when I bought it. I really want a rimblow wheel but they are spendy.

Staci

Wheel and pad are correct

Emblem is a torino or other big ford

Mustang emblem has a red pony on it

Emblem just snaps in

Item #C9ZZ-3649-S

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

http://www.7173mustangs.com/images/oms_sig_banner.jpg

Well done!

Ray

Ron

Staci

Thanks for your reply Staci. You are right about the forum there are a lot of good guys on it that love our cars and want to help preserve our breed. I like to offer help any way that I can.

Best, Ron

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

Rusty, a 1973 Mach 1, needs a lot of work.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Bubba, my 1994 F150, daily driver

Formerly, a 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe - a work in progress, then a car-b-qued banana.