not sure what heading to make this

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
So most of you know I'm chasing a couple of specific cars for my corral. One of those I've made the decision... BUY.

So I send a guy to inspect for me because its 1200 miles and I am wrapping up a big account and busy at work, so buying a piece of mind. I have used this guy before to do the inspection. I've trusted him with 5k...and up to 10k. He is a Ferd guy all the way through probably has blue blood.

So the seller is doing the following.

"you need to buy this I have several people looking at it" ( pay close attention to the "people looking at it phrase")

"I need you to make a decision I if it doesnt sell by Sunday (yesterday) I'm putting a new motor and raising the price"

"you need to get serious I've decided to put the motor in it if it doesnt sell by Sunday" ( another point is he JUST put the ad on CL a few days before I responded.)

So my guy cant get there until yesterday which is the deadline. SO... being professional I had my guy prepared to make the 10g purchase. ( I DID NOT disclose this to the seller for safety reasons).

So my guy is headed there to look at the car and is taking a helper and a trailer just in case this thing is the real deal. seller talks to inspector and inspector tells him he is on his way along with the helper. Seller throws a FIT! Tells inspector that he cant come there he "doesnt want him on his property" because he doesnt want a "truck load of people rummaging through his stuff" :huh:

It's not funny but now that I've calmed down I believe everything happens for a reason.

Now I find it entertaining "he has people looking at the car" as if it was a bunch and 2 very interested. But wont let a professional guy there?? :dodgy:

I think he has something to hide here. I would proceed with caution and look for more than one VIN location on the vehicle. Have area law enforcement run the VIN through NCIC. If it is an old vehicle like a our cars ask them to run a manual check of the VIN. Modern VIN's are longer than the old stuff.

If you buy and it is stolen you will obviously lose the car and your money!

Good luck and listen to those instincts that are telling you something is wrong!!!

Oh, and be sure to tell the local LEO where this car is and what all the seller told you about your inspector he did not want on the property. Depending on the department size they might want to send someone over to act as a buyer for this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Mr Carter he must of thought you wasnt serious,what with your trailer and cash money and helper :p probs a bandit or crazy old bastard. I would wait until I could go myself if your ment to have it I will be there.

I take bids on crazy old bastard. There are lots of them out there.

See a previous post of mine on chasing down a 7173 vert.

Dana,

Whether this fu**wit is crazy or a con, you have flushed him out for sure.

Reminds me of a similar story of mine going back about 4 years ago. I was very serious about buying a '68 Impala SS Vert, FULLY RESTORED,going for $27,000 American, from a company called Connor's Motor Co from West Chester PA.

I had arranged and paid for to have this car professionally inspected by The Lemon Squad people, and had arranged all this with the owner of the company well in advance.The owner had agreed to let the Squad carry out the full inspection on their premises. The next thing i know, is Lemon Squad contacting me here in Aus, stating that the owner refused to let this car be taken outside into the light and be properly inspected and taken for a test drive. It was stored in a dark, poorly lit basement. Lemon Squad did their best to file their report in the dark basement, but under those conditions, could not do a proper full report.

Obviously, the guy was a shonk, and i had flushed him out and exposed him. I had blown my $300.00 inspection fee. Needless to say, i told him where he could stick his '68 Impala, and sideways!;) Golden Rule....................... You're never far away from a con or ripoff in this world. Ain't that the Lord an' ever lovin' truth!

Greg.:)

Hi im from Denmark and there are bad people in all countries! And I Wooten buy that Car!! That's sound for Mee like he has bind investigated off the Danish taxes four not having all things in order! That's properly why he dit react Like that. Hobe you can fine a good Car? Regards DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

Easy - he doesn't want to sell. Probably put it up for a high price so he can tell the wife "yes, honey, I put it up for sale, but nobody wants it;" thus keeping his toy.

And if that isn't the case, remember George Carlin's advice: "It's amazing what you can achieve with a simple baseball bat."

:p

-Kurt

Ha!! Laughing at all you guys! Ya'll make my day. Yeah so the current chase, this is the car I wanted and like many of you I know my cars fairly well...I've missed a thing here or there but not often. I bought a car 2 years ago a 70 fastback proposed to be a Mach I but painted as a Boss sold as such by Texas Mustangs. Well the car was in the middle of NO WHERE. The house had it hidden except a quick eyed ole bastage like me found it.

Finally the ragged poor old bad azz biker dude bastage agrees to sell it. We started at 8000 and after inspecting the car I told the old ragged biker dude...ehhh ya got a standard Mustang that has been made up to be a whatever with a bad motor. He said well he had some financial troubles and the deal was made for 1200.00. Turns out he may have been lied to by the seller 16 years earlier and then time and some bad care left him with a decent hull.

but here's the kicker... My radar was up immediately and after taking the title to DMV the lady said "do you have a state release" :huh: well sir they have to sign off on the transaction" :huh: "uhhh I'm not sure what that is and why" she says "well it seems this cars' owner License and title was confiscated by the authorities" "huh?" "I'm sorry for what reason" she looks at the computer screen and then looks up at me" "have you met the owner" "yes" "well you are luckier than some other people"...... LOL

Lots of good points from you guys! Well of course I explained to him the circumstances he created gives me reason to withdraw from the wonderful opportunity and if I bought it, I would personally drive up there and inspect it and then no money would exchange hands unless at his bank with a notary.

Here we are 4 days later and its still for sale "without a motor":s seems to me he was putting a motor in it on Monday?? LOL what a jerk.

Back