Convert stock fuel sender to AN fitting?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoArts

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Sportsroof
'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop (sold after 20 years)
'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA
Has anybody tried this?

I want to use AN fittings and braided SS line with the stock sending unit.

Is there an adapter that can be slipped over the bulbed end of the sender and tightened, or a solder-on piece?

I've found adapters to go from EFI to AN, but not carbed to AN.

Looking to stay with 3/8" ID (-6), but would probably convert to 1/2" (-8) if replacing the sender's pickup tube is required.

Not looking to do the worm clamp with fake fitting cover deal (ala Russell Tube Seal).

Has anybody tried this?

Is there an adapter that can be slipped over the bulbed end of the sender and tightened, or a solder-on piece?

Looking to stay with 3/8" ID (-6), but would probably convert to 1/2" (-8) if replacing the sender's pickup tube is required.

Not looking to do the worm clamp with fake fitting cover deal (ala Russell Tube Seal).
Hard line to AN adapter:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/110551/10002/-1

Boom, that's the ticket!

Looks like I'll just have to trim the bulb off of the tube end on the sender.

Thanks Tommy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody tried this?

do not know too much or nothing at all about fittings and conversion from efi to AN but am going through hell w/a dyno tune garage 4 weeKs and counting on a Holley Avenger MPEFI w/700cfm solid body 4v w/forced air can not tweak it out from running to rich-see my help on subect CLEVELAND MOTOR but need all the help can get

Use lots of anti-sieze on those compression fittings. I used them to adapt transmission cooler lines to AN fittings. They worked well but the fittings are not hard anondized so they gall easily when tightened as to compress the brass fitting against the steel tube.

Back