Mate playing in the Charge

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
See links for 4 vids.Just filling in the day QLD style, The road was very hot and slippery so not the best skids ever done not by a long shot. . Yes iam a shit cameraman.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi mate can't comment on your camera work as I tried to watch it and it only kept telling me I won a F'in Bunnings voucher or a new Bloody IPhone so I gave up, but have seen and partaken in many skids over the years. Hate to think how much money I've wasted burning out tyres though. I remember one time I got a new set on a Friday arvo and went back to his shop Monday after work needing two new rears. My mate asked WTF happened, I told him, he must of sold me a set of dud tyres, had a good laugh about it, put on two new ones. Went back Friday to pay him for them and the smart arse says see you Monday for a couple more. It was at that moment I realised that burning through tyres that quick was an expensive excersise and money better spent on going faster, which of course makes great sense as that costs heaps of dollars too.

Ha Ha yes I save the skids until I need new tyres these days,Then its play time. I took out a NOS set of genuine globes 1 friday arvo got a bit close too the gutter and ripped the lip of the left 1 then did the right 1 about 5 hrs later in a dirty old xc ute

A dalliance with Valiants. I love the Chrysler stuff,I hope to post up a Vid of another blokes VF hardtop. Its a hottie R5 block, flash heads, tunnel ram with pro systems carbs. Should run low 9s before the gas gets added:D 8.80s are the target.

Ha Ha yes I save the skids until I need new tyres these days,Then its play time. I took out a NOS set of genuine globes 1 friday arvo got a bit close too the gutter and ripped the lip of the left 1 then did the right 1 about 5 hrs later in a dirty old xc ute
That would be a great story to tell the GT guys and watch them cry, but the wisdom of hindsight is fantastic the amount of stuff that was just "old crap" or didn't have a clue what it was back then, sometimes makes you want cry. Like the intake manifold that was on my old 308 stroker, thought it was just a stocky but the old mechanic where I was working tells me it was an L34 one, didn't much care as the one I was putting on was made for going faster, threw it to the side or in the scrap pile or something, now I think about it and after seeing the price one went for one day on Epay, I think it may have been a bad decision, oh well it's really a great story to tell the Torana freaks, LOL.

True.

I took a big tank out of a Monaro to the tip as it had small dents in the bottom. Swapped L34 heads for a Toploader out of a XA GT then cut up the shift to make the throw shorter sort budget hurst indy stick but quicker and cheaper, then liberty kitted the box. Passed on a factory black HT panel van with a genuine HP Block 308 because he wanted $4000. Brought a L31 for $700 bucks sold it same day for a $1000 then told a bloke with a factory purple LJ GTR to f@ck off because I wasn't paying $900 for a car with a grenaded engine it still had the right box triples the works. Wouldn't pay $3500 for a 1 owner XC cobra because I thought they where slow said no to a XA GS sedan 351 4 speed I think that was $5000 and wouldn't pay $9000 for a E49. Found a Green 4dr A9X that had the plates stolen $3700 no thanks, still hat the dual flange extractors everything. Wouldn't by MDs Green L34 for $9000 dollar a Kilomater he said I said thank Christ it ain't got a 118000 on it then and walked. But my life's biggest regret is that I didn't by the Baldwin Motion Camaro that was at an Adelaide servo for $7000 that car haunts me Silver 454 4 speed. Hindsight hey,anyone of those cars or parts would fatten up the bank account now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Luke I know exactly what you're saying about cars and parts. Like I've told before about the genuine A9X hatch in like new condition, because it was the most disappointing car I have ever driven. An XA GT coupe a mate and I went to look at, was in fairly decent nick, the guy says that it's an RPO83, meant SFA to us and for $4000 thought it was a bit steep. A HK 327 Monaro, body not too bad, needed paint, interior really good except drivers seat and it went pretty hard, but for $800 too much I thought. A XW GT in pretty good condition overall, just neede a few things done to it, guy was second owner (got it from his dad) mentions it was one of HO's built between the Phase 1 and 2's they're known as Phase 1.5's again meant SFA to us and for $2000 thought it was a bit rich. Plenty of others as well but wouldn't want to sit here for days writing them all, but the one I should of taken was an immaculate HT 350 Monaro. A mate of mines neighbour back then inherited this Monaro from his Grandfather and had hardly any miles on it, the thing was like new. Well he was always trying to get my old POS HJ Kingswood off me, my car was well known for how quick it was and not for its beauty. Anyway offers me clean swap, then after I said no, he throws a couple of grand on top, still no. A few months later he was taking it for cruise and someone saw it, caught up with him, went right over the car. The guy can't believe what he's looking at and buys it off him for $20 odd thousand. Unheard of money for one of these things back in the very early 90's.

Back